Big Fish Little Pond

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Since about 10 years ago I've always focused on the smaller areas around a big city for obtaining customers.

With Google it makes even more sense. Harder to get into the searches of a big city...not impossible but it does take some "work" and time to get a good search rating....and keep it.

If you focus on the "nice" cities around the big city there are some benefits.

1. The main one.....You can dominate an area of 100,000 people or less a hell of a lot easier than a population over that.

2. Believe it or not...people in a big city will sometimes call that "little" guy in the suburbs because they want that personal touch and quality work....I can't tell you how much work I get in Sacramento when most of my marketing efforts are put into Roseville CA. just North a few miles.

3. There just isn't as much hassle with the small communities, less abrasive people (for the most part) and a generally better way of living.

4. Less money (OK, this should be number one) if you DO happen to spend money on marketing (sorry Dave) then your buck will go further in a small market.

YP.Com and other "big" advertisers charge more for big areas, all the gurus say it's the greatest thing when you can get higher in searches in a large area (I'm pretty sure they base their penis size on it). Bunch of crap in my opinion.

I would much rather be a big fish in a small pond...and the cool part is.....you can still be a big fish in MANY small ponds.

I say let them fight over the big cities...and I'll swoop in and take a few punches now and then while I conquer the better way of life in the area just a few minutes down the Highway.

This has been a moment with Brian. 8) !gotcha! 8)

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
smart to think that way. It's like an "amora" riding under the belly of the big shark. (you know, that fish). Kinda Stealth!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
This has been a moment with Brian. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

"You are such a SLoooooooooW .........LeaRnEr."... :roll:

Run along...NOW..!
"I see your ShoRt bUs is on the way."

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
This has been a moment with Brian. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

"You are such a SLoooooooooW .........LeaRnEr."... :roll:

Run along...NOW..!
"I see your ShoRt bUs is on the way."

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Slow learner? Did you read the part where I said I've been doing it this way for 10 years?

Before that I was a decent sized fish in the pond that is San Jose CA (over 1 million pop)
Of course that had some to do with the fact that it was a Chem Dry franchise and the name rec was there already.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom