Big trouble in little slate town.

Jwalk90

Name
Joshua Walker
I had a strip and seal slate job on saturday. What i thought was going to be a 2-4 hour job turned into 9 after i gave my quote and realized my stripper was doing nothing to the previously applied top coat. I assume was a polyurethane. Nightmare scenario. But i was able to remove it after 8 hours of hard work of back and forth with different methods. Cleaned and applied laticrete sealer enhancer. Ahhhh sweet success alas! But not for long. I returned today to move some furniture back into the office and see dog and cat footprints. Noooo why!? I think maybe its just residue so i wipe it down with a micro fiber and a pole. Still getting pesky prints.... so i reapply to re emulsify and wipe down immediatly, maybe thats the problem. Nope. Still with the prints. So i have to find a solution by tomorrow so i can finish this job once and for all and make it to my full time job at 3 pm. Do i need to reapply, and burnish? Can i get away with a mop and neutral cleaner? Im at a complete loss and do not know what to do.

IMG_5167.jpg 20190914_112922.jpg 20190915_155521.jpg 20190914_191432.jpg 20190914_191438.jpg 20190914_191444.jpg

Jwalk90

Name
Joshua Walker
Thanks mikey. It was very disheartening but i stuck it out. Laticrete enhancer sealer.

Mikey P

Administrator
Did you buff off the excess offer 5 minutes?

Looks like too much was used, and left behind.

You'll need to apply it lightly again and then buff it off either by hand over the 175 and a absorbent bonnet which will get kind of shredded on all those slate edges unfortunately

Jwalk90

Name
Joshua Walker
Right on! Bonnet it is. Thanks for the angle Mikey! Will report back tomorrow with results. I might score the saltillo in the rest of the house. Which reminds me i forgot to send the quote over to her earlier... :headscratch: amatuer hour here... damn it.

Jwalk90

Name
Joshua Walker
Haha. Yes. But i will say i tested a small area and it seems a regular wax/acrylic finish was used. It came up by hand. So maybe it will make up for the problems with the slate if she decides yes.

Jwalk90

Name
Joshua Walker
I ran the bonnet after reapplication and still was tacky. I used a neutral cleaner w micro fibers. Took the shine away and was flat but it did enrich the color. We are g2g! She was happy.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Here's 5 months of a pipe break running over this slate. The eflorvescense just keep getting worse and coming through the stone.

City finally called the home owners who actually live in Florida (this is their expensive custom Alaska Logs home here in MN. They shipped the extra large logs here for it....

They are going to jack hammer the floor out now

Of course they set the bar in place and the repaired walls all trimmed out.

Insurance company gave the ok yesterday.

Mikey for being color blind šŸ˜˜ was big help in pointing out what was up with this.

These are the pics from yesterday. The floor has gotten worse over a month since last viewing

20190916_120729.jpg20190916_120724.jpg20190916_120847.jpg20190916_120844.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom