Biggest Screwup....CC or Not

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
What's your biggest screwup either while CC'ing or in life? My biggest screw up in cleaning was browning out a chair for my brother in laws Mother. I offered to replace it although it was probably caused by the immence amount of smoking that was done in the home. You could scrape the smoke off the walls and furniture! I had picked out what was a better chair by Lazy Boy, but she wanted some $500 replacement. We went 'round and 'round, and she died before we could settle. (While working for another employer, we had shrunk a w to w wool rug. The custy did admit to taking out a 4" wall between the two rooms, seaming the rug together, and restretching it to fit the now one room.)

In life, I had called a co-worker and left a message that his wife had heard. When we were working at GM, we had a voice mail system within the plant, and would call and leave messages about anything.

(THIS PART COULD BE A BIT OFF COLOR, SO IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENED, DON'T READ)

This message was about a certain woman that worked with us. Brenda was a great co-worker, and she was quite......well endowed. She was also naive.
She would run up to us, and jump up and down, causing quite a bounce of the chest. Then she would stand real close and rub them on you....but I really don't think she realized that she was. We never touched her, though. (maybe with eyes...) We'd also ask her to do the "Teabury Shuffle" (after the gum), and man would those tatas shake. She caught on to that pretty quick. We never sexually harrassed her, since we were outstanding, married men. If anything, she sexually harrassed us!!

Well, after changing shifts, I called Bob and left him a message asking if he had run into any "titty rubs", of course just kidding around. Well, his wife happened to hear that message, and confronted him while he was bathing one night. Needless to say, I almost created a huge problem in his marrage. So, you gotta watch what you say....you never know who's listening.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Life............ I Moving to MN....I plucked my non insulated skinny ass out of the desert and planted it in the bitter cold north for 4 years...I will be 47 this year and if I die tomorrow or find away to make it another 40 years I could never do anything as stupid as that.........

Russ Goddard

Sold my carpet cleaning business, truckmount and all equipment, on extremely easy terms to a guy I KNEW was a flake. Worse, I turned over the pink slip to the van before he paid me at least what the van was worth. Then I moved 3000 miles away.

You guessed it, he paid me a tiny fraction of what he owed me before he quit making payments. Legal action from this distance is difficult and likely more costly than the value of the equipment. But oh how I would love to have my fully paid for van, truckmount, RX20 and tools back right now.

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. But at the time I was in a financial bind and I needed to move fast. I regret my stupidity almost every day.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
thathurts I am 25 years old playing in the club championship .."final round"..!

I am paired in the last group...playing the current club champion..
I had shot the course record "66", the 3rd round..to be in this position..!

We make the turn, to the back 9 holes "tied"..so we have quite a gallery..!

(we had been up ALL NIGHT...drinking & playing gin...Got home at 5am.. :roll: )

I am wearing a pair of "canary yellow", linen golf slacks...John had just teed-off..
I am standing by the golf cart...and feel a "cramp".. :eek: ..Soooo...I proceed to relieve
the gas pain........and "SHIT" my pAnTs.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well...I am FROZEN...by that cart... :oops: I have my ASS..pressed so tight up against
my golf bag ...to HIDE the obvious STAIN... :!: "I AM IN A PANIC.!!!!!" I can't move... :wink:

THEN...."By the GRACE of GOD"...."My most BrILLiANt IdEa EVER"..... :D
I look in the cup holder of the cart....And there sits a brand new Coke...in a styrofoam cup..

So...I back-up... from the back of the cart.."Hiding the HUGE STAIN..from the gallerys veiw..
Set the drink on seat of the cart....and PLOP MY ASS...right down on the STYRO-FOAM cup..

And ScReaM.!!!!!!!! "JHC...I am such an idiot..." :wink:

I lived only 2 fairways over...so I drove to the villa & changed pants... shiteatinggrin

PS..I lost the tournament...I cHoKeD.. :evil: and "3-jacked" th 17th hole..to LOSE by 1... thathurts

Chris A

Name
Chris
HARPER said:

I am wearing a pair of "canary yellow", linen golf slacks...John had just teed-off..
I am standing by the golf cart...and feel a "cramp".. :eek: ..Soooo...I proceed to relieve
the gas pain........and "SHIT" my pAnTs.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well...I am FROZEN...by that cart... :oops: I have my ASS..pressed so tight up against
my golf bag ...to HIDE the obvious STAIN... :!: "I AM IN A PANIC.!!!!!" I can't move... :wink:

I look in the cup holder of the cart....And there sits a brand new Coke...in a styrofoam cup..

So...I back-up... from the back of the cart.."Hiding the HUGE STAIN..from the gallerys veiw..
Set the drink on seat of the cart....and PLOP MY ASS...right down on the STYRO-FOAM cup..

I lived only 2 fairways over...so I drove to the villa & changed pants... shiteatinggrin

PS..I lost the tournament...I cHoKeD.. :evil: and "3-jacked" th 17th hole..to LOSE by 1... thathurts

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Cleaning industry? Too many to choose from and rank from biggest to just big.

Personal? Nunya.......But that one DOES not need any thought for ranking purposes!

LeeCory

Life: I restored my grandfathers authentic Babe Ruth autographed baseball myself.

The ball has red and blue stitching.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
admiralclean said:
Two:
1) Finding ICS 10 years ago and believing the pricing information there.

2) Diversifying into retail carpet sales.

I know this isn't a screw-up, but Marty has a story about a preacher shittin' in a toilet that he had removed, I believe, for an installation job.

Care to share,Marty??

RIP IT

Name
Chris
HARPER said:

Great combination of self deprecating AND self defecating humour. Nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom