Billiard Table reapirs

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Well not quite, but hey, it got your attention.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see this custom baby, but my client bought the home and it was listed as a chattel and came with the sael.

She decided that she needed a theatre room instead of a billiard room in her home. This home is upwards of 4300 sq ft.

It took 4 guys a full day to dismantle and remove the table, however this is what she found to her dismay... the floor needed levelling and reinforcing for the weight and so the previous owners had sunk 8 new timber piles into concrete and brought them up through the existing floor and carpeted around the legs.

IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_3887.jpg

Using my belt sander, I sanded the piles back to level.
IMG_3888.jpg

Relayed the pad and added more where needed and taped it.
IMG_3889.jpg

IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg

3.5 hours, $600 and she said, 'is that all'? :cry:

John :wink:

safeclean

What a cool job to get there John nice work my fein multimaster would of come in handy there to help grind down for leveling.

craig

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Charles, I had pre quoted her at the $600 and that was when she asked it that was all... today it only took 3.5 hours although I was prepared for up to 6 hrs at that rate.

John

ksokalski

Did you take any photos of your work in progress?

How did you cut the carpeting to match the holes? Did you recut the holes to where they were all uniform in size before you cut your donors?

Great work!

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Just the photos there Kris.

I free hand cut all my repairs without templates.

She had heaps of offcuts (new) in the attis. I got a section and cut a strip with the row cutter just 1/2" over the widest section.

I then approached each hole in this manner. Awl to seperate the rows either side, cushion cutter set to just cut through the two backings run up each side taking care to cut the indentical width of my donor strip.

Once I had the two sides cut (approx 1" longer than the repair I intended to make) I then again ran my awl through the cross gaps to open the tufts up, then I used my duckbills to cut the ends. I simply did the same on the donor, measuring the new one off the piece I had cut out.

It was just a matter then of inserting KG tape and putting the new piece in.

I did all 8 like this before I warmed up my glue gun and plugged my KG in.

Then it was a simple matter of hot melt sealing two sides, bed it in, the other two sides, bed them in then weld twice with the KG. (two strips of KG tape per repair)

I hope that answers your questions.

John

Mikey P

Administrator
I would give cards to all the pool table sales men and hauler away guys who will need to get the severe dents repaired as well.

Nice niche.

Cousin

John, did you beat her around the head for removing the billiard table :evil:

Some people have no class :wink:

But on the flip side, at least she did get a master tradesman in.

M

Back
Top Bottom