Bissell POS blews

Mikey P

Administrator
Do I really need to buy a new Momentum every three months?

Damn!

They clean so deep but are the biggest pieces of crap ever.

If the Brush Roll ain't melting the motor is grinding apart.

You selective pre vacuumers have it made.

I bet Marty could get 8 years out of one.

Time to try something else.

Lefty724

Name
E
I was thinking the same thing Mikey, they are awesome while they work/last. I was really thinking of trying the Cleartrak like Werner uses. Looks like it could be a really good vac. Worth a shot.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well asshole, let me tell you something. You switched to the Bissel right after I bought on of those stupid vacs you used to use ... you know ... the ones that look like the MB logo? It's nowhere NEAR as good as a Dyson! I selectively vacuumed a bank today. The carpets running from the front door to the counter LOOKED to be packed with particulate, so I Wernered it going in the typical jImMy 45/90 style, and all I came up with was a couple handfuls of powder.

Freaking waste of time!

Name
George Valliant
Mikey P said:
Do I really need to buy a new Momentum every three months?

Damn!

They clean so deep but are the biggest pieces of crap ever.

If the Brush Roll ain't melting the motor is grinding apart.

You selective pre vacuumers have it made.

Could u tell me again why u don't like the Royal Commercial w/ 18" cleaning path?

I forgot.

I bet Marty could get 8 years out of one.

Time to try something else.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Anyone try Perfect Vacuums? This dirt cup model looks promising - $209 free shipping:

http://perfectvacs.com/store/produc...ducts_id=63&osCsid=ai44imjnvk1hldekukbnrvq083

http://www.perfectvacs.com/images/P105/P105 12 Inch Upright with Dirt Cup.pdf

perfect_p105_upright_vacuum.png

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I do hope you know thats a sanitaire 887 in lambs clothing.

Mikey... stop trying the momentums and go get the 46 dollar bissels.. I've yet to destroy one. Only broke my wheels when I stepp on them.

Or push John L and Ron Werner to come up with a great new vacuum made just for CC!!

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
sweendogg said:
I do hope you know thats a sanitaire 887 in lambs clothing.

Nope, I didn't. And about the same price too. Bummer. I just happened to run across it. I like my PowrFlite PF14, but few others seem to.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Why is everyone down on Dyson's? They last, don't get stinky and pull tons of gunk out of the carpet. They're pricey, but good.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The Dyson I had lasted me something like 4 year and was the best vacuum I ever owned. Only reason I didn't buy another is because I let Jughead talk me into a Vortex and now I can't afford to eat.

So, I had to buy a cheap 887 ... or whatever this red thing I have is called.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Alright Porky, how often are you stealing your wife's shark vacuum to use out on the job?

The main problem with the Dyson was that they had such an aggresive brush roll that it was pull loops and tufts on certain carpets and even voided warranties for a while. They have since adjusted their brushroll to be less aggresive.. But they are still pretty overpriced compared to performance.

hogjowl

Idiot™
My wifes Shark vacuum is a great vacuum! I would never use our home vac to do a job with. I don't want their dust and dander in my vac. And, the Shark we have only has a head of about 12 to 14 inches. Way to small for me to use.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
dgardner said:
Can't see when the soil is coming in.

hogjowl said:
Well asshole, let me tell you something. You switched to the Bissel right after I bought on of those stupid vacs you used to use ... you know ... the ones that look like the MB logo? It's nowhere NEAR as good as a Dyson! I selectively vacuumed a bank today. The carpets running from the front door to the counter LOOKED to be packed with particulate, so I Wernered it going in the typical jImMy 45/90 style, and all I came up with was a couple handfuls of powder.

Freaking waste of time!

and that couple of handfuls could have caused you to come back because of wicking.
Its also why I like the clear canister. I can tell WHEN I can move faster or if I need to slow down.
If there was that little coming in I probably would have spent about 15 min vacuuming. Not all places need to be "Werner'd".

Dyson is a good machine, but
the brush is too stiff
the machine too complicated
the filters too expensive
and I don't know if you can easily replace parts

Cleartrak is only $330, go for $400 if you buy one, buy an extra brush, the assessories, and a couple maintenance kits.
Any parts break, order them and replace them. All you need is a Phillips screwdriver for the most part.
Filters are washable and reusable many times
Only modification I've done is put weather stripping around the filter tray to make a better seal and force all air through the filter.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
sweendogg said:
Alright Porky, how often are you stealing your wife's shark vacuum to use out on the job?

The main problem with the Dyson was that they had such an aggresive brush roll that it was pull loops and tufts on certain carpets and even voided warranties for a while. They have since adjusted their brushroll to be less aggresive.. But they are still pretty overpriced compared to performance.

I am on my second Dyson in almost 8 years and I pull that thing out 4 to 5 times a day.....5 to 6 days a week and I have never pulled loops and tufts on any carpets or voided warranties. Both of them were for animal hair which is a more aggressive brush.....I never put a single dime into these vacuums..I just totally wore the first one out....I order mine off amazon which can be 200 to 250 dollars cheaper at times............

Chris A

Name
Chris
I second Jim Martin's response, I got a Dyson secondhand, and have a year with it working very hard, and zero issues. I like that clogs can be diagnosed within a second, the whole vac pretty much comes apart.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
joeynbgky said:
mine blew up to. only had it 45 days...... I still have orecks that are 4 years old going strong.

That plastic POS Mike likes looks like a ridiculous toy. My ten y/o Oreck is built like a tank. Always handy to have when you must cross contaminate some slobs house.

Mikey P

Administrator
If I could get a year out of a POSB I would do a jiggy dance on Freddy's grave.

Do you carry two filters around for that Mr Boyle?

CanYouHemiNow

Didn't see anyone mention Dirt Devils, I thought they were great rug suckers for the price. If they blow somebody tell me now before I plug this one up. Now, where the hell did I put that WallyWorld receipt?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
hogjowl said:
Why didn't you tell me you knew how to get them cheaper, Mr.noassatall?

there is always ways to get just about anything cheaper..........

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Jim Martin said:
sweendogg said:

I am on my second Dyson in almost 8 years and I pull that thing out 4 to 5 times a day.....5 to 6 days a week and I have never pulled loops and tufts on any carpets or voided warranties. Both of them were for animal hair which is a more aggressive brush.....I never put a single dime into these vacuums..I just totally wore the first one out....I order mine off amazon which can be 200 to 250 dollars cheaper at times............

We have had well over 30 customers on different products that all bought dysons and all started pulling loops or tufts. And we are not the only carpet store to have this problem several across the nation.. like I said i think they fixed the problem but I'm not defending them or trying to bash them.. this is simply our experience with them. I'm sure for everyone of those 30 customers there was a good review as well but like customers you usually don't hear if people are satisifed they only speak up when there is a problem.

CanYouHemiNow

Hey Sween, I'm gonna take your recommendation on the $48 Bissell Walmart Special.

Now, let's see... I'm returning an $89 Dirty Devil... that is a difference of... $41! Where do you want me to send your cut?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom