Bit Sad, partner in hospital again.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Been away this week, partner has ben readmitted to hospital. This is the fifth time in as many years. Makes life a bit crazy to juggle work, home and so on without her.

Grant

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Read this last night

Im a Prayer, so I Prayed for ya'll : )

Stay Strong Brother !

I bufferd a flur wit a toilet lid un timez

Reactions: GeeeAus

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Thanks. She will get better but recovery is very complicated. She has PTSD, Bipolar II and depression. She has been sleeping more and more and the doctor just didn't seem motivated to intervene. Fortunately Whyalla's hospital has just undergone a pretty substantial upgrade. There is now a psych ward and a regular attending psychiatrist.

We had a meeting and I mentioned the tiredness and that there have been some near misses driving etc., he told us Carly is dangerously ivermedicated and he's removing her from many of her meds.

She tried to hurt herself again during withdrawl. My ten year old just wants to know why.

Very hard to suck up pet pee and clean lounge suites while this goes on. Testing me personally a bit I feel.

The kudos is much appreciated.

Grant

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Grant I went through nearly the identical thing with my wife many years ago, including time in the psych ward. My daughter was 11 at the time.

I know how it feels to try to work your way through the day with this type of crisis going on, and trying to explain all of it to a worried child.

My heart goes out to you. I can only tell you that with the proper care she can recover and there is light at the end of the tunnel Grant.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My Mom is diagnosed schizophrenic and has been hospitalized over the years, Usually for going off medication and having a really bad episode.

I'm a big fan of modern medicine for helping disorders, I see some people saying stay off the meds and thats not smart.

I hope they can help your wife and everything gets better!

I'll be praying for you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hogjowl

Idiot™
My wife almost died a couple of years ago from an undiagnosed illness. During this ordeal, the various different doctors had her on so many medications, a few which adversely interacted with others, that she started hallucinating and showing signs of a couple of different psychological disorders. She spent time in our local psych ward.

I bring this up only to say I understand some of what you are dealing with. I hope you have family or church relationships to lean on, as I did.

Our ordeal was successfully resolved by finding the right doctor who did two things:

He found the underlying issue and devised an effective treatment plan.

He took her off all medications with hallucinogenic side affects.

Within a week, she was completely normal.

And I began to be WRONG again.

I hope you're wrong soon.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Thanks. She will get better but recovery is very complicated. She has PTSD, Bipolar II and depression. She has been sleeping more and more and the doctor just didn't seem motivated to intervene. Fortunately Whyalla's hospital has just undergone a pretty substantial upgrade. There is now a psych ward and a regular attending psychiatrist.

We had a meeting and I mentioned the tiredness and that there have been some near misses driving etc., he told us Carly is dangerously ivermedicated and he's removing her from many of her meds.

She tried to hurt herself again during withdrawl. My ten year old just wants to know why.

Very hard to suck up pet pee and clean lounge suites while this goes on. Testing me personally a bit I feel.

The kudos is much appreciated.

Grant

Hang tough buddy. The work is good for you and helps to take your mind off these overwhelming problems. Good luck to all of you going through this.

Reactions: GeeeAus

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
My wife almost died a couple of years ago from an undiagnosed illness. During this ordeal, the various different doctors had her on so many medications, a few which adversely interacted with others, that she started hallucinating and showing signs of a couple of different psychological disorders. She spent time in our local psych ward.

I bring this up only to say I understand some of what you are dealing with. I hope you have family or church relationships to lean on, as I did.

Our ordeal was successfully resolved by finding the right doctor who did two things:

He found the underlying issue and devised an effective treatment plan.

He took her off all medications with hallucinogenic side affects.

Within a week, she was completely normal.

And I began to be WRONG again.

I hope you're wrong soon.

Very important points here.

Mental illness has always been a very gray area in term of diagnosis's and treatment.

"State Hospitals" were originally created to attempt to deal with the growing number of patients dealing with mental health issues that were falling through the cracks due to modern medicines inability to manage them properly, and they were forced to become burdens of the state.

Todays reliance on dangerous brain altering pharmaceutical cocktails based on unsubstantiated, rushed general diagnosis's seems to be the norm, so the only advice I can give to you is to familiarize yourself with the drugs, the side effects, and be wary of any doctor who only seems to be focused on adding another, upon another toxic drug to the growing list, as opposed to investing a little time in an attempt to unravel the primary underlying situation, and treat it specifically.

Drugs are not the solution......although "one drug" may be.

These psychotropic drug cocktails are very dangerous.

Take a good look at the many recent mass shooters of late, and tell me how many were on a daily regiment of multiple dangerous mind altering drug cocktails, and under the influence of their stated side effects.

I have dealt with this in my family most of my life, so I can understand the pain it can cause.

Don't trust, or solely leave her treatment in the hands of someone just because the have MD after their name.

Familiarize yourself as best you can with the diagnosis criteria (DSM-IV), and treatment options, and be ready to step up and voice your opinion and input when discussing treatment without feeling intimidated.

Most MD's have been programed to function as robots, often only in the best interest of the pharmaceutical companies and insurance guidelines. Your job is to find one who will think "out of the box", or to try to influence them in that direction, and actually put more than a few minutes though into a plan of treatment that is specific for her condition.

I sincerely wish you the best.

Hang in there mate.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Thanks everybody.

been keeping my head down. Hard to really talk about it. Not sure what the future holds. Not even sure if 'we' are even a 'we' anymore. She seems more alert now, but also pretty angry and hostile. Very short, snaps quickly, berates my home keeping efforts and is generally presents like a woman with an axe to grind.

I'd free her of it if I could. The latest is when she comes home, the business is ver. No more help from her. If I can't do it unaided, then I don't do it. I have agreed for now. I will see what occurs when she is out of crisis care. The work helps pass the time. The nights with my daughter are the hardest.

Appreciate everybody's support.

I have family here, but aside from my employee there is no other support from a business perspective. It's me and me.

GeeeAus

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
There never are right words for this type of thing Grant, other than sharing how I experienced nearly the exact thing in my life nearly half a lifetime ago.

I don't know how trained psychologists feel about it, but in my own experience my work helped me through better than most anything else did. Having to focus
on things I could control rather on those things I could not control, and seeing positive results for my efforts when other parts of my life didn't get better no matter
what I tried really pulled me through.

My time with my daughter at night and the weekends was hard, but she and I formed a bond that is powerful still. She is 27 now and a psychologist who decided to make it her life's passion to help others like your wife and her mother. I'll be seeing her tonight and will reflect on that time we shared that is so much like what you are experiencing right now Grant.

Looking back at it, some of its like a fog I waded through, or a dream I barely remember in waking hours.

I wish you the best, and I think you can see already how many people here genuinely understand and care.

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Grant,

Really sorry to hear about this.

I have had friends go through this same situation and things can (and hopefully will) get better and become more clear to help with your decisions.

I wish you the best!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Good luck Grant. I have a sister with similar issues.She lives a pretty normal life after they got things stabilized.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Very well said. I sold to doctors that did not use the DSM IV.

It is gong to be harder and harder to find a good MD. They are being paid by insurance on quantity and out comes. Makes it hard even for the good ones.

Hope thing go well for you.

Very important points here.

Mental illness has always been a very gray area in term of diagnosis's and treatment.

"State Hospitals" were originally created to attempt to deal with the growing number of patients dealing with mental health issues that were falling through the cracks due to modern medicines inability to manage them properly, and they were forced to become burdens of the state.

Todays reliance on dangerous brain altering pharmaceutical cocktails based on unsubstantiated, rushed general diagnosis's seems to be the norm, so the only advice I can give to you is to familiarize yourself with the drugs, the side effects, and be wary of any doctor who only seems to be focused on adding another, upon another toxic drug to the growing list, as opposed to investing a little time in an attempt to unravel the primary underlying situation, and treat it specifically.

Drugs are not the solution......although "one drug" may be.

These psychotropic drug cocktails are very dangerous.

Take a good look at the many recent mass shooters of late, and tell me how many were on a daily regiment of multiple dangerous mind altering drug cocktails, and under the influence of their stated side effects.

I have dealt with this in my family most of my life, so I can understand the pain it can cause.

Don't trust, or solely leave her treatment in the hands of someone just because the have MD after their name.

Familiarize yourself as best you can with the diagnosis criteria (DSM-IV), and treatment options, and be ready to step up and voice your opinion and input when discussing treatment without feeling intimidated.

Most MD's have been programed to function as robots, often only in the best interest of the pharmaceutical companies and insurance guidelines. Your job is to find one who will think "out of the box", or to try to influence them in that direction, and actually put more than a few minutes though into a plan of treatment that is specific for her condition.

I sincerely wish you the best.

Hang in there mate.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Well you're certainly not alone in this Grant. My wife had a complete nervous breakdown about 7 years ago working at ATT. She was off work for 6 months just gorked out. ****ing company gave her crap about her disability even though it was their fault they ****ed her up. Anyway all is well now, she is getting off her Effexor slowly, which really helped her. She is running her own knit shop now and is really happy.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Sorry to hear this Grant, wish I was closer so I could help out.

Bloody hard to know what to say in this situation, so I just hope that all works out for the best for you and your family.

Shorty.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Thanks for the well wishes. It's a waiting game. Just head down and arse up at the moment.

Grant

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom