Biz card update

K

Kabluey

th_Businesscardfront2010-2.jpg

Brent do a two sided business card in full color.

The front should have your logo, business name, telephone numbers, website, email etc.

The back should list your services and possibly some pictures describing your business services and possibly an offer.

Jim Eckman had a simple card that said "Referrals appreciated and welcome". Simple is better.

The color scheme and name are taking you in the wrong direction.

What was wrong with the name you had? I liked that one.

I would focus on that business and forget trying to expand.

No high end client will ever do business with a company named Kabluey.

People call you based on your expertise, the quality of work you do, and your pricing not your business name.

K

Kabluey

danielc said:
Brent do a two sided business card in full color. Yes

The front should have your logo, business name, telephone numbers, website, email etc.Different is better in my opinion.

The back should list your services and possibly some pictures describing your business services and possibly an offer.Agreed

Jim Eckman had a simple card that said "Referrals appreciated and welcome". Simple is better.

The color scheme and name are taking you in the wrong direction.I wouldnt say wrong direction, just a different direction than the common and usual local businesss

What was wrong with the name you had? I liked that one.Thanks

I would focus on that business and forget trying to expand.

No high end client will ever do business with a company named Kabluey.Google, twitter, yelp and so on are used by high end clients.

People call you based on your expertise, the quality of work you do, and your pricing not your business name.

I agree and that is why I dont think what name I use matters because I back it up with the above mentioned. Your last 2 comments are in conflict with each other.

Trying to compare a carpet cleaning company to a tech company is like comparing apples to shoes.

They are completely different.

Ryan

Google, twitter, yelp and so on are used by high end clients.

And they all have or (had when they started out) something propriety about their business.

Oh and Google is a number, so logically I could assume it has something to do with the vastness of the internet. You use Twitter to "tweet" with others so the name has to do with communication. To yelp is like yelling, or like squealing on a poorly run business by giving it bad reviews. Those are all bad examples.

Name
steve snail
Sweeeet!

"forces" them to write your number in their "personal book". All high end customers have their book. Cards are a waste of time and money.

K

Kabluey

danielc said:
Trying to compare a carpet cleaning company to a tech company is like comparing apples to shoes.

They are completely different.

I wasnt trying to compare to them, just using them as an example to show that the actual name plays less of a part as one might think. We have local companies called fuzzy wuzzy, clean enough for mom, be happy, Beaver carpet care and many others.

I think Kabluey is something that customers will remember and thats the point.

K

Kabluey

Ryan said:
Google, twitter, yelp and so on are used by high end clients.

And they all have or (had when they started out) something propriety about their business.

Oh and Google is a number, so logically I could assume it has something to do with the vastness of the internet. You use Twitter to "tweet" with others so the name has to do with communication. To yelp is like yelling, or like squealing on a poorly run business by giving it bad reviews. Those are all bad examples.

Google is not a number, googol is.

Ryan

Yeah they spell it a little different, that's still what they named it after.

Brent take Peaches and Cream Carpet Cleaning for instance.

It is similar to what you are doing. Your name is fine. Quit being cheap and pay for quality marketing materials including a new logo.

This is the same as buying a cheap truck and used machine. Yes you save money, but at what expense?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey Brent. In all serousness you were really onto something and that pic you posted here is 100 steps back.
Wok with what you had or go back to the other name.
I wouldn't use both...I've tried that with Service 1 and Priority. PITA.

Make a decision and go with it...jump in with both feet instead of having 1 foot in each boat.
Ever see what happens when you have one foot in 2 boats? They keep spreading untill you fall in.

Good luck bro.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Looks like a company that would soak the the carpet.

Is your mug too ugly to put it on your card?

It will help the prospect to build some confidence in your company to get over the name.

I still can't figure out how an explosion brings a warm feeling to a prospect.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Brent its best not to ask for opinions. Do what you think is the right direction for you, and stick with it. If you do ask for opinions, ask from those who matter (ie: target market). I'm pretty sure no one on this board has a PhD in marketing ;)

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I liked how you guys hated each other and now talk like BFFs.....Brent & Ben

Amazing

IMO... A business card is not a sales tool.. It is a referance.

Keep it simple, give the info, keep it clean. Make sure it is easy to read.

Name, Company, services, phone number, website.

Don't listen to Ben, he works the same area as you :lol:

Steve Manier

Hi Brent,
A while back you posted some marketing material and business cards of your green company. I have to say that was some of the best stuff I have seen. It really stood out and looked perfect. Looked great for every type of customer! Especially high end.

So why are you changing things? Leave well enough alone man! I think this kabluey thing is a terrible idea. Seems like your sabotaging yourself. Maybe I missed the "why you are doing this" thread but it seems like your turning a gold nugget into a turd. The name, logo, and whole concept I find somewhat strange. You seem pretty intelligent and there must be a reason for doing this.

Steve

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The blue looks more like a WDR company's card.

Not trying to knock your work, but as important as your business card is, I would bite the bullet pay a few hundred to hire a professional and be done with it.

Your card should be a professional as possible, unless you're Wayne Miller it's going to be hard for you to make something that represents your company the way a professional can.

Steve Manier

"Brent its best not to ask for opinions. Do what you think is the right direction for you, and stick with it. If you do ask for opinions, ask from those who matter (ie: target market). I'm pretty sure no one on this board has a PhD in marketing ;)"

Seriously Ben? Out of all the opinions I have seen regarding kabluey, yours is the only semi supportive one.

I think you meant to say:
Please do it! I want to corner the "green" and high end market and see probably one of my biggest competitors go literally "kabluey" and out of business. Deep down you have to be tickled green. :mrgreen:

Amazing

Heck, Ben has or is changing his business name also. I think he plan was to go with new name Aug 1st.

Nw green clean to Pure Clean.

But as of July Pure Clean was already rated the #1 cleaning company in the seattle area. WOW, before they even open.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I didn't think the Green BS Clean thing would last.

Brent, don't over think it...I've been guilty of that for sure.

KISS

Keep It Simple Steamer. :mrgreen:

K

Kabluey

Not sure what youre talking about brian. Its marketed as go green w/ Kabluey. The green thing is still in full swing. I just helped my brother set up a green carpet cleaning business. http://www.earthwisecarpetclean.com/Home.html Hes running a newer 421.

Its not like I am stopping a business and then restarting another. Business is an evolving process, you see it quite often with other companies. My cable company is in transition of changing their name. I dont think I failed at anything, its a streamline process system that I use and continue to use.

Its good to hear people hate the name Kabluey.

steve r

im just a bdcc but when i see companies changing names i think its because they either ran thier customer base off or they sold out to a larger corporation. and when it comes to small businesses its usually because they ran off thier customer base.

the card to me looks like something for a bottled water company. same as the name.

i think your card should match your vehicle and your advertisement. you want recognition that relates to all your marketing. believe in what your doing and stay with it so your customers know who you are and how to find you.

changing names and marketing stradegy over and over is simply starting over and over. your not growing if your starting over. jmo

K

Kabluey

steve r said:
im just a bdcc but when i see companies changing names i think its because they either ran thier customer base off or they sold out to a larger corporation. and when it comes to small businesses its usually because they ran off thier customer base.

the card to me looks like something for a bottled water company. same as the name.

i think your card should match your vehicle and your advertisement. you want recognition that relates to all your marketing. believe in what your doing and stay with it so your customers know who you are and how to find you.

changing names and marketing stradegy over and over is simply starting over and over. your not growing if your starting over. jmo

Its marketed as Go Green w/ Kabluey. My customers dont care what my name is they use me for me. I am changing it because I can, not because I sold out or ruined my customer base. Its not starting over because everything is the same, the same marketing and so on.

K

Kabluey

Dave Yoakum said:
I'm changing my company name to: Super Blammo Carpet Care.

A lot better than Royal. :lol: Hope you ditch the clip art for your new venture, that early 90's crap. You say you got talent so lets see it. Do better.

steve r

Kabluey said:
steve r said:

Its marketed as Go Green w/ Kabluey. My customers dont care what my name is they use me for me. I am changing it because I can, not because I sold out or ruined my customer base. Its not starting over because everything is the same, the same marketing and so on.

i hadnt seen what else it is your doing just going on this thread alone sorry. it sounded like you were totally changing names or thats how i took it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Cards are a waste of time and money.

I believe I have found the dumbest statement ever on MikeysBoard

My opinion is traditional is better. People know what to do with a business card, can't make them work to hard. I would get a nice crisp design there are alot out there and go really nice stock, coated on the front and just make it pop rather than make people work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom