BL T/Wave

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Glynn said:
What temps will a thermalwave hold up with say 2 x RX20's or 2 X Ti wands ?.

donno Glen, but i don't think they've ever been known for "scorching" heat even w/single wand use .

"scorching" heat on the blower belts maybe, but not sol temps....

..L.T.A.

Name
George Valliant
Popular with me!

It's the sexiest truckmount ever made (besides the Vortex). The blueline Thermalwave 5m has a #5 blower, CAT pump, and a 46hp 4 cylinder fuel injected Nissan 15A engine. It's got more suck than a Titan.

However, I would agree that heat is not it's strong suit. I would call the heat output average at best. With a single 10 flow wand, and the unit set to dual wand mode, it will spike at about 230 and dip as low as 190. Average i'd say about 200 degrees.

With dual wands? You'd be lucky to hold 180. Oh, wait a minute! I just remembered that i lost about 15-20 degree's when i switched to full synthetic motor oil. Duh!!! guess if i switched back to conventional motor oil i'd say heat would be about average.

the thermalwave 5m is cool by me. 2500 hours on mine in about as many months and only a couple minor problems. The fuel pump was vapor locking and a wire giggled loose. Under warranty, they moved the fuel pump from inside the bonnet to the frame under the van

After 20+ years of staring at ugly truckmounts its very refreshing to see a manufacturer build something as fresh, exciting and good looking as the Thermalwave.

did anyone notice how prochem TM's changed their look a year or two after the Thermalwaves came out?

I wonder how much longer it will take Judson to come up with a sexy truckmount? Sorry Les, standing next to an ugly tm 365 days a year is a tuff pill for me to swallow.

Greenie

Some think a slot machine is sexy, some think an A1 Abrams Tank is sexy.

As for the comment on Cleaning solution dropping when you made the change to synthetic....that is Very interesting, just shows how much heat is captured from the Coolant on that machine, cause there is no engine exhaust HX as memory serves.

Of course...think of how much LESS friction is going on inside that engine as a result.

Now you are gonna make me re-order some Petron Plus and start offering it again....thankfully we have a Petron guy here on the board that cleans part time, might get him to offer a MB special, that shit rocks!

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
It matters what TWave you have. The new ones, that have been built over the last year, are very hot! I would take one in a heart beat. They have waaaay more heat than the older model. The engine is GM and combines the blower exhaust and engine exhaust for great heat.

The HP version could run a pressure washing lance wide open for 5 min straight at 2000 psi and never drop below 200 degrees. I know this because I demoed it 100s of times in over 26 states.

The older Nissan was good but the new GM is much hotter.

FYI.... the first set of GM motored TWs were not hot. Make sure you get the latest hot version and I promise you will be blown away.

I have never dual wanded with RX 20s but I have dual wanded many times with two wands and the temp never dropped below 240 at the machine.

Name
George Valliant
Greenie said:
Some think a slot machine is sexy, some think an A1 Abrams Tank is sexy.

As for the comment on Cleaning solution dropping when you made the change to synthetic....that is Very interesting, just shows how much heat is captured from the Coolant on that machine, cause there is no engine exhaust HX as memory serves.

Of course...think of how much LESS friction is going on inside that engine as a result.

Now you are gonna make me re-order some Petron Plus and start offering it again....thankfully we have a Petron guy here on the board that cleans part time, might get him to offer a MB special, that shit rocks!

Greenie,

Why would anybody switch from Amsoil to Petron? Besides, isn't Petron one of them MLM companies?

You buy 5 cases of Petron. Then you convince 10 other people to buy 5 cases and so on and so on.

No thanks!

Greenie

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
Greenie,

Why would anybody switch from Amsoil to Petron?

You wouldn't switch, Amsoil is good oil. I would just add the additive like you are supposed to.

Besides, isn't Petron one of them MLM companies?

I don't think so, I'm not affiliated, I just buy it....like Amsoil. Have you used the SuperLube, that stuff is amazing.

You buy 5 cases of Petron. Then you convince 10 other people to buy 5 cases and so on and so on.

No thanks!

That's just ignorance, why would you make a satement like that, it's a really good product line.

Greenie

Where is that pic of Les with a brand new TW and all the parts in his show room floor?

Name
George Valliant
Even in 10 peices scattered accross the floor the TW is still sexier than a C-4.

I know what pic ur talking about. Like that was the first time in the history of tm's a vac releif valve came loose.

Big deal...

Bjorn

hey guys this is sexy

zzz.jpg

your a fooked up in the head if you think a truck mount is sexy

Greenie said:
Where is that pic of Les with a brand new TW and all the parts in his show room floor?
Greenie,

Here are the pictures you wanted. I’m going to go ahead and post them, seeing I never got paid for this repair. This is a Servicemaster unit that came in from Tennessee. The nut on the end of the vacuum relief valve vibrated off and the inside of the relief valve sucked into the blower. This caused the hand grenade. I replaced it with a brand new blower and I modified the relief valve by drilling the new relief valve and adding a cotter pin to prevent the nut from ever coming off again.

100_1501.jpg

100_1502.jpg

100_1504.jpg

100_1507.jpg

100_1506.jpg

100_1508.jpg

100_1515.jpg

100_1517.jpg

100_1519.jpg

100_1521.jpg

Greenie

How about the one in the SHOWROOM, the one where you had to do factory upgrades BEFORE it could be sold?

Fool.

It's foolish to think you know my thoughts.

Name
George Valliant
Am I the only person who can appreciate the beauty, sophistication, power and performance of the Blueline Thermalwave 5m?

Just look at it! Its a magnificent work of art.

I guess I was just expecting something more cosmeticly appealing from the son of the pioneer of truckmounts.

I really didn't intend for this discussion to turn ugly. So, if I offended you please accept my apology.

Also, out of respect I'm letting it go. Besides, I have nothing to gain here and I do enjoy having a couple gallons of JJ on hand at all times.

Brett

Petron is sold only through Distributors or Stores. No MLM. I havn't shilled it on the boards due to lack of advertising on TV. I sell mainly to fleets, industrial etc. I don't know if I could generate enough sales on the boards but pm me if you need more info. John G gained about 1- 1/2 mpg on his diesel sprinter, Greenies been using it and likes it, Mikey's going to get samples for his rigs for this little shill. Petron treats the metal and you still use whatever oil you want. It lasts about 12,000 miles for the gas engine and about 24,000 for the diesel engines, so the few bottles a year you guys would use may not be enough to make it worthwhile to pay for advertising on the board.

Sorry I didn't see this post I was working on the GM.....

I have a TWAVE 5M and I LOVE IT! The heat is great...I use 2 Rx 20's all the time and I don't have any complaints about heat or suck...It's been reliable....I'd buy another one...

Name
George Valliant
Brett said:
Petron is sold only through Distributors or Stores. No MLM. I havn't shilled it on the boards due to lack of advertising on TV. I sell mainly to fleets, industrial etc. I don't know if I could generate enough sales on the boards but pm me if you need more info. John G gained about 1- 1/2 mpg on his diesel sprinter, Greenies been using it and likes it, Mikey's going to get samples for his rigs for this little shill. Petron treats the metal and you still use whatever oil you want. It lasts about 12,000 miles for the gas engine and about 24,000 for the diesel engines, so the few bottles a year you guys would use may not be enough to make it worthwhile to pay for advertising on the board.

Hi Brett,

you must be the son of the pioneer of petroleum. Please tell us more about what a fantastic product Petron is and how badly everything that isnt Petron sucks. Then, keep pushing your opinion here day after day, month after month, year after. Oh yes, please don't forget to talk shit about the competition every single oppurtunity you get either. Regardless if the competition is forging ahead with new inovations and designs while you sit back and revel in your daddy's occomplishments. Also, be sure to point out every little thing that goes wrong with the compitition who is forging ahead while waving your daddy's banner.

So, your the son of the pioneer of petroleum huh? I guess I was just expecting a little more than some no name snake oil. Btw, you can tell Petrol their advertising budget problems have been solved! I'm sure greenie would be happy to promote their products here in every 3rd thread he writes.

Brett

To set the record straight, since these posts can last forever, I'm an Independent Distributor for Petronomics Mfg. Group, INC which formulates and manufactures over 305 products. I am not related to Gary Clark the owner. Sorry I mentioned it. Just some items that I don't think would be considered snake oil.
Ind. Gear Oils

Petroleum

Synthetic

Semi-Synthetic

Environmental & Biodegradable Products

Ind. Transmission & Gear Box Supplement

Chain, Cable, & Oven Lubricants

Hi-Temp Bakery Oven Chain Lube

Syn. Hi-Temp Bakery Oven Chain Lube

Syn. Food Grade Low-Temp Chain Lube

Biodegradable Synthetic Escalators & Passenger Conveyors Oil

Hydraulic Fluids