Black Airpath

keithk

Does any one know where to get one of the old style Air-path's? The black ones? New or used.

Thanks,

Keith

gasaxe

check with jondon i ordered what i thought was a new style and they sent the old style i sent it back so they have some.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
airpath

What's the major difference between the two that someone would feel it necessary to return them? Are the new ones more powerful, have more speeds, more options for positioning? Are the older ones just plain junk?
Just curious.. Thanks :)

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
When you say old style, you have to be more specific.

The first generation were made by Studebaker and were black ABS cylinders. Great product. The second generation made by DriEaz were black molded plastic and significantly weaker. The latest generation made by DriEaz is roto-molded, light blue, and is a great product.

Should leftover black plastic units be discounted?

gasaxe

they corrected their mistake and promptly sent out the correct one. the old style im reffering to would be the black one made by dri eaz while im sure it works fine i like the new blue one better the grill on the bottom/carpet side seems much sturdier on the new one, the newer one has provisions in the molded housing for it to stand on its side either when in use or in storage, the cord can be wraped around the new style were as the old one i had for a day or two didnt seem to have an easy way to store the cord. The biggest issue i had was that they were charging 100 bucks more for the black one than the blue one.

gasaxe

st louis/ dallas is a little closer to arkansaw than utah is...lol usually when they ship me stuff it comes from one of those two locations. Im the best at waiting until the last minute to order something ive been needing for the past couple of weeks...

Lora Olson

LOL sorry I couldn't help myself :) Glad they fixed it. I cleared out the black ones at cost the minute I found out the Blue ones where coming out. Most distributors tried to keep it secret and still sold the black ones for 599 for as long as they could. I just couldn't do that.

DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT! Sorry this is John posting on Lora's laptop AGAIN and not logging her out.. She is going to kill me one day

keithk

Yeah, I bought my black one a couple of months before the blue one came out. The main reason I want the black is because the new blue style won't stack on top of the black one. Had I have known, I would have waited and went with the blue.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I have the original ones by Studebaker, one has not functioned properly since day one and needs to be slam started, the other is perfect... but both are better than any regular air mover for drying carpets. I would not be without them! They are almost 2 and in great condition appearance wise,.
They will only be sold when their purchase price is close to replacement cost as I feel they are far superior to even the newest model!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom