Black Entry/Evo Wand.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Cleand Commercial Entry last night. Stiff Stiff Black. They waited a long time to clean. Went in today and I was not pleased with it. Somewhat blotchy white spots...very faint and some light brown traffic areas.

Pre Sprayed with Judson Juice and Hot Sauce...Scrubbed over 2-3 times with VS Foam and had water pretty hot in bucket heater for Solus 500 and 02 Rinse. Used EVO Wand..It has the built on glide. I took the screw off and used without. It doesn't have lips like a normal wand. It did not seem to be suctioning on the carpet what so ever even pressing really hard. It seemed to be leaving down mainly all the water. I switched to my Stainless steel US-P wand with no glide. It was only getting up to 200 psi with Heat but was picking up the water great. I rinsed over a few times. Still had some light brown traffic areas when done. Used about 6-8 gallons of water with both machines on about a 50-100 sq ft entry.

Did I leave Water down with the EVO wand and not get it picked up right away with the Stainless wand and it wicked up? Was the 200 Psi not enough? Should I vacuum real good before re-cleaning. I am thinking of adding a new wand with no glide. What is your view on the glides? Which situations are better with or without a glide? Also looking into adding a new machine. Solus 500 is ok but just not quite as good as I want and think I need for alot of jobs!!

Jordan

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Was the wand head collapsing on the EVO wand?

Is it the original black Delrin glide or a teflon glide? Makes a big difference.

Take care,
Lisa

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I told you not to use your portable and Scott told you to encap it

your portable doesn't have enough power/vacuum to pull out the water from the type of carpet you are cleaning

Greenie

"Used EVO Wand..It has the built on glide. I took the screw off and used without. It doesn't have lips like a normal wand."

Let me get this straight, you slide your plastic glide off and used the raw machined flat aluminum glide holder to extract with?

And then chased that with a regular 2 jet wand?

And you are wondering why the carpet looked like crap?

How about you leave the glide on, and repeat next time, using the shortest hose you can work with on your porty, and making slow deliberate extraction strokes?

btw: your metal wand only showed 200 psi, because it has larger jets than your Evo wand, therefore more flushing is going on with more water, the pressure will consequently show lower, but it's cleaning better. Get some new jets for your Evo wand, they are currently 110 015, replace them with 110 03

One last thing, is your Evo glide the hole variety, or the new slot variety that all but chem-dry get when they buy the wand today?

ok...one more thing, your Solus is a fine unit, you just need to pimp it, that is a conversation for later, call when you get the rest worked out.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I have the Hole glide not the slots...

It is the original teflon glide.

It needs pimped out...and tricked out..

Greenie...can you help me with that?...Do I just give you a ring or what??...

Also looking at adding a Re-Coil XPS-3 just for cooking up a truckmount and almost ready to add on another guy/truck...Need another unit...

Mikey P

Administrator
Jordon

Good grief buddy.

That wand is NOT meant to be used for anything other than paddling your canoe when the Glide is NOT ON!

You soaked the carpet to the subfloor more then likely. A rookie error,but a error none the less. You need to take responsibility and go back in the AM to see whats going on.

Bring lots of fans.

If and when it drys bonnet clean it lightly to remove the wicking.

Then run like hell.

Don't ever do that again, promise?

and yes, a Glide is a must in today's market.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Like Mikey says you over wet it.
Go back and bonnet clean it today.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
The Carpet was dry easily in the morning....it felt pretty dry when I left..just all soaked in?....

Looked at it today and it is getting whiter in some areas...going to vacuum it for weekend then OP it...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom