Black or White Van?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
ideally i want blue, but all i am seeing is tons of white and a few black. i am thinking the black will stand out versus a white van, but does black get the interior hotter and show more dirt/salt than white?

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
I just got a black van and love it. I don't think it's any hotter than my last white one.

Reactions: Derek

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Having had both color vans, my advice would be to purchase a WHITE van.

White is a perfect background for all colors of choice. If you want your vehicle to stick out and get noticed, then utilize some striking colors. Perhaps a vehicle wrap would be in order.

Never forget that your van is a "Bill-Board" on wheels.

Best always;
Ed Valentine
Cross-American Corp.

Reactions: SamIam and Derek

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
lol i'd actually prefer electric green over black. i want a new color scheme like the seattle seahawks. i have a logo'ed jacket like that and it looks awesome imo...it get's a lot of comments.

yellow has run it's course for me.

tx fellas, anyone else?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
White does sell faster per my lease agent but eventually they all sell.

I'd buy the best vehicle and then decide on your color scheme with what you ever colored van you get.

If you do a wrap or semi wrap, either black or white will look fine.

The wrong van will be a pain long after the signage is applied.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
All our vans are dark blue and prior to purchasing them I had them tested as too heat retention. None of them got above 38-degrees Kelvin, same as a white van.:p

Ofer while it is preposterous to assume that those laws could ever be broken......in Kansas they can be bent! :winky:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ofer while it is preposterous to assume that those laws could ever be broken......in Kansas they can be bent! :winky:

Yep.
Thanks.

You're all pretty much "bent" over there.

Next thing you'd want to succeed, won't you? :winky:

P.S. I don't know the heat absorption of blue versus white (I was refering to black versus white) but those laws will not be broken.

To sum it up for you: "I’ve seen white vans do bad things, black vans do good things. Whether you’re gonna end up in van's heaven or hell, it’s not God’s plan, it’s your own color choice".

P.S. Besides, Derek while not exactly a Porty hack, is pretty much a VLM and supposedly a single wide hack. He could mount the whole damn thing on a mountain bicycle and be done with the difficult color choices.
Get white tires though, Derek. It will go well with the bow tie and definitely less heat :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Derek

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Something about a black Van/Box truck stands out so much better to me. We did flat black vinyl on our Vortex box, and absolutely LOVE IT, the compliments we receive on a daily basis make me all giddy inside.

We will be wrapping the cab in black as well, andaccenting the bumper and mirrors with a chrome vinyl wrap.View attachment 2685

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom