Black permanent sharpie on loop nylon?

What is the best approach for this? The customer's dog got it on the carpet in a 1'x1' section. The ink did not go into the backing. I think it is just in the fibers. I was going use some q-tips with ink solvent and go slow. That should get most of it out or atleast I hope. If it all does not come out, what would be the next approach?

i have gotten good results using bridgepoints all-solve, simply spray, dwell,and extract with your vacuum hose rinsing would repell since your rinsing agent has water in it. after that use a solvent cleaner but becareful not to over use it, could get to the backing. what ever is left use some red relief to remove the pigment.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Baby Blue from Mixed Rite. Best spotter ever. Takes sharpie out mixed at 1 oz to 16 oz. Don't take my word for it ask Jim Martin. You can walk in my showroom and you won't be able to find the more then 100 sharpie marks that I have put on the carpet over the years.

The stuff is amazing and if all else fails you can drink the stuff :shock:

I've had great results with cyclone. Just apply let sit for 5-10 minuts and clean as normal. If it's real thick you may have to blot a little up first.

BTW John, that Baby blue sounds like a good product. What other types of spots/stains will it work on? I may get some from you to try, when I order my solution hose.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Rubbing alcohol on a white towel followed by a bit of Magic Bullet if needed. In the event of any light tinge of color after ink removal use a reducer. Personally, I like Red Vanish and Cobbs Dye Stain Remover.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Baby blue will pull it out.......it will transfer on to the towel right away with no problems....spray with baby blue after the bulk of the spot is gone and rinse....the rest will disappear.....you can use it for a bunch of different types of spots..make a good UPH cleaner also...but I would not drink it......

Jeremy said:
Rubbing alcohol on a white towel followed by a bit of Magic Bullet if needed. In the event of any light tinge of color after ink removal use a reducer. Personally, I like Red Vanish and Cobbs Dye Stain Remover.

Thanks for the tips. I used some alcohol with q-tips followed by blotting with towels. That got most of the ink out. Then I followed up with some POG. I hit it with some reducer to get any traces out. I don't think I would have got it out without the advice I was given in this thread. I will post a picture later.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Jeremy said:

As I've BEEN SAYING FOR YEARS BUT NOBODY LISTENED< GEL ALCOHOL HAND SANITIZER IS THE BEST FOR INK

Duh, winning!

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Noidios said:
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
I would have just had a Professional carpet cleaners in your area do it for you. :lol:

Best comment on this board ever...

In the top 10 for sure.

If you doubt the advise here would have worked, and you were going to do it your own way anyway - why ask man?

All Solve is our go to for sharpie - and a last resort on others.

John will your recommendation remove the super permanent sharpie too?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Super permanent sharpie? Never seen it. It does not like Staples permanent marker for some reason. You have to double the dilution if it is a staples marker and not a sharpie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom