black sharpie scribble, 2x8 ft, tan builder grade frieze

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Sight unseen. A 2 year old scribbled down the hall with a sharpie. What are my options? Doing this later this week.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Ahh..Sucks when you have to flush alot of water through Frize with it being so thick.

I have used Hel Gel, Spot n Boost and Cyclone with great success on Sharpie. BUT alot of my sucess was on a couch chair and loveseat but also on carpet too.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
That is unbelievable john.

Oh, also, my baby blue isn't as blue this go round, did they back off on the amount of dye they use?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
hmm I dunno. I didn't notice. I personally would prefer it to have no color but since it is called baby blue I guess it kinda needs to be blue :)

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
gary why on earth would you be limited to just some chems?
you have the entire world to buy the best of the best from but
you limit yourself? i can see mainly using or sticking to one group
but to not have access to anything that is out there??
sorry to derail but i was just wondering who is stupid enough
to limit your abilities?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
jstucky nailed it maybe finish with problem b gone. I had a sharpie all over a room and that is what idid and made me a champ with refers

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
If there is something I need that is not coveted by those 3 manufacturers I can special order it in but am not going to go to that trouble for a 100 to 150 dollar job. I want to be able to stop at my local disty and buy it on the way to the job.

Thanks for never missing an opportunity to call me an idiot Mr. Gill.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Gary just use your baby blue and don't stress :) Everyone has an opinion on what they think is the best and thats ok. Some think Rocky road is the best and others know Rainbow Sherbert is :)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I guess you need a better product sheet for each truck since you are GM of the carpet cleaning

Lora Olson

Okay...a little real life here...

My step-son got sharpie all over one of his nice red "work shirts" we had embroidered for him (see the picture on John's avatar). I have a ROOM FULL OF CHEMICALS and started using a bunch of different one's to get this sharpie out.

Then my husband oh so kindly reminded me of the baby blue...

...and it was out in seconds! That simple. All we're saying is use what you got, it'll work!

:)

rick imby

Name
Rick
Hair spray works great on clothes, countertops also.

The cheap hair spray that works great for Spud Guns is mainly lacquer thinner. Just a little varnish in there to stiffen up the hair.

Rick

Lora Olson

I've tried hairspray, years ago. It doesn't have the same results as baby blue on sharpies.

The hairspray leaves a "ring" of ink and shades of the ink on the clothes. It's better than nothing, but not as good as other options we have as professional cleaners!

Jeremy said:
Rubbing alcohol...

I had an ink problem a few months back and took J's advice. I used plain rubbing alcohol and it worked great.

I have used it now at least a dozen times on ink/marker.

It works every time. Much better than the solvent.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
most POG's should handle the problem pretty well, I personally use cobbs because its cheap and not like $30/gal like alot of other companies are charging for the same shit.

as long as you have a truckmount to rinse it, I have NEVER ruined a carpet from too much POG, or any other solvent for that matter, and I have dumped litterly a jug of paint thinner on paint spills before with no ill effects.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
gary i never said you were a idiot i just asked a question..
i didnt offer any advise because you were getting tons of great options
i was just shocked when you made that statement about being limited
on your chems..
i do think your goofy but not a idiot..you are smart enough to ask for help when
you need it and that makes you smarter than most people..but still goofy

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
When I am dealing with any kind of Ink - Sharpie Permanent marker or otherwise, I like to prevent it from spreading by building a wall or barrier around the stain before I start dissolving the ink. I have turned 1/4" dark blue blob of ink into 10" light blue stains when I was first starting out. This is not necessary, but helpful.

Create a barrier with StainZone, Stain Magic or similar. Then use PIG or POG or OINK or other solvent to dissolve the ink. Extract with dry passes. No need to add water to the fibers. Water just repels your solvents.

If you don't remove all the ink with a solvent - this sometimes happens especially if home-owner has tried to clean before you arrived - use an oxidizer such as StainZONE to get the last bits of colored pigment out.

Finish by flushing with hot water.

Name
Nate W.
Scott W said:
When I am dealing with any kind of Ink - Sharpie Permanent marker or otherwise, I like to prevent it from spreading by building a wall or barrier around the stain before I start dissolving the ink. I have turned 1/4" dark blue blob of ink into 10" light blue stains when I was first starting out. This is not necessary, but helpful.

Create a barrier with StainZone, Stain Magic or similar. Then use PIG or POG or OINK or other solvent to dissolve the ink. Extract with dry passes. No need to add water to the fibers. Water just repels your solvents.

If you don't remove all the ink with a solvent - this sometimes happens especially if home-owner has tried to clean before you arrived - use an oxidizer such as StainZONE to get the last bits of colored pigment out.

Hey Scottie, why the heck does StainZone smell like ass? Seriously, this one old customer thought someone ripped a stinky one.... It was hillarious and I couldn't stop laughing but I don't like using it because of the smell only as a last resort...

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i always start with solvent but recently i had a real nasty ink spot on a chair that the lady already tried to remove with a solvent from her dry cleaner. nothing i put on it would even transfer it. i finally used Fabric shampoo straight ( bridgepoints ) and removed almost all of it. i have used it in the past straight and removed lots of stains that i would normally remove with a solvent. Don't know why it works but it does.

gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Scott W":3pxmecxb]When I am dealing with any kind of Ink - Sharpie Permanent marker or otherwise, I like to prevent it from spreading by building a wall or barrier around the stain before I start dissolving the ink. I have turned 1/4" dark blue blob of ink into 10" light blue stains when I was first starting out. This is not necessary, but helpful.

Hey Scottie, why the heck does StainZone smell like ass? Seriously, this one old customer thought someone ripped a stinky one.... It was hillarious and I couldn't stop laughing but I don't like using it because of the smell only as a last resort...[/quote:3pxmecxb]
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

dude dont lie.....you know it was you 8) 8) 8) 8)

bahahhaahahahah

thanks i almost woke the kids laughing shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Scott W":2ndj7bqj]When I am dealing with any kind of Ink - Sharpie Permanent marker or otherwise, I like to prevent it from spreading by building a wall or barrier around the stain before I start dissolving the ink. I have turned 1/4" dark blue blob of ink into 10" light blue stains when I was first starting out. This is not necessary, but helpful.

Hey Scottie, why the heck does StainZone smell like ass? Seriously, this one old customer thought someone ripped a stinky one.... It was hillarious and I couldn't stop laughing but I don't like using it because of the smell only as a last resort...
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

dude dont lie.....you know it was you 8) 8) 8) 8)

bahahhaahahahah

thanks i almost woke the kids laughing shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin[/quote:2ndj7bqj]

I've been known to lay some rotten eggs and watch the reactions when people walk into them, but this time it was all StainZone... blowme :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom