Black Stallion TruckMount

DoubleAA

I'm looking for more information on ChemTex's Black Stallion Truckmount. I know it's just a little entry level guy, but it's got a decent price tag on it and will get me into a TM...atleast as a stepping stone into bigger-better-badder down the road.

Before stones are thrown, I coming from a porty and just trying to get into a starter tm. I do 95% residential. So with that in mind, whatever you guys can tell me would be great. Thanks!

Reactions: TERRY O'BRIEN
Name
Lee Stockwell
We have a Chemtex down at the shop. One of my son's bought it cheap...but not cheap enough.

I'd suggest you buy a good machine slightly used. For example a Prochem 405 can be had for under $5000. I expect each of ours will run for many years to come.

Then, when you get to the point that you HAVE to buy something for tax reasons I'd perhaps buy new. By then you will know exactly what's right for you.

I'm waiting for a Nissan 4cyl Sapphire (perhaps wishful thinking on the Nissan part). Because our Powerstroke diesel Ford van is my favorite, a diesel slide-in is on my short list as well.

Thanks,
Lee

Ryan

7.3 motor Lee?

Double AA,

I used to talk regularly with a cleaner on *** chat that had a chemtex stallion and at 500 hours it was giving him all kinds of problems, and didn't produce hot water until he ran it for like 30 minutes.

For your price range I would check with bawb vawter, he can probably hook you up with a genie for close the price of a stallion.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The Nissan is no more Lee. Nissan stopped making the engines that is the ONLY reason that you see the Hyundai being used. The Hyundai meets and exceeds the emmission standards for many years to come. Nissan would have had to compeltly re-tool to stay in the market and frankly most industrial engine users(Fork Lifts) had already moved on to the Hyundai.

DoubleAA

thanks for the feedback so far guys...anyone else have any additional info? I hate to assume its a total pos and completely rule it out on just a couple of opinions. I'll move on from it, but I just want to be as thorough as possible before I do.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Lee Stockwell said:
a Prochem 405 can be had for under $5000

Lee, I've found some decent looking machines but not anywhere near the price you claim they can be had. Maybe one that is rusted out, needing exchangers replaced, pump rebuild, new switches and rewiring, or any combination of those mentioned. Throw in tanks that look like ass, reels, a wand or uph tool and guys are wanting $11-12k+ for fixer-uppers.

Show me a good quality used Prochem 405 for sale for under $5k and I'll be there in a heartbeat with cash. I've been looking for a long time because I want to shed my single wand Powermatic for a dual wand system and bring on a helper. My numbers are down but my per ticket price has increased because people are having me clean the whole house, upholstery, RV's, auto interiors. I'm about where I was last year, maybe a little behind. Been a slow summer and system issues with the Powermatic forced me to miss out on some business.

Amazing

I owned a chemtex.. it was the biggest POS I'd ever seen!

But that was like 10 years ago, lord I hope they have improved.

Mine was the 25hp Panther.

Name
Lee Stockwell
WJMorgan3 said:
Lee Stockwell said:
a Prochem 405 can be had for under $5000

Lee, I've found some decent looking machines but not anywhere near the price you claim they can be had. Maybe one that is rusted out, needing exchangers replaced, pump rebuild, new switches and rewiring, or any combination of those mentioned. Throw in tanks that look like ass, reels, a wand or uph tool and guys are wanting $11-12k+ for fixer-uppers.

Show me a good quality used Prochem 405 for sale for under $5k and I'll be there in a heartbeat with cash. I've been looking for a long time because I want to shed my single wand Powermatic for a dual wand system and bring on a helper. My numbers are down but my per ticket price has increased because people are having me clean the whole house, upholstery, RV's, auto interiors. I'm about where I was last year, maybe a little behind. Been a slow summer and system issues with the Powermatic forced me to miss out on some business.

I averaged under $5k each for ours, two of them under 2000 hours, one slightly over, with nice waste tanks, no hoses etc.

John Hill at Cleaner's Depot has a nice one for under that in Nashville...if it's still there.

DoubleAA

Man, i'm so tired of every tm you look into being a total pos if its not atleast 12k or more. So basically trying to buy new in the 6-8k range is worthless?...I dont really want to go used, spending 4 or 5k on someone elses ragged out system...seems like more of gamble. Oh well, Im gonna go hug my porty and kick it at the same time.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Maybe 7 or 8 but under 5 will be tough unless the seller doesn't know what he has. When I clean em up I want at least 7

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
I bought a used Chemtex Panther 20 about 3 years ago. It had 1367 hours on it then and it's around 2300 now. No major problems at all. Nothing more than routine maintenance really. It's got lousy heat in the morning, but by the second hour it's gets HOT. Incredible vac on it. This is a 8 year old model and, for the money, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

B

brian PL

Re: Black Stallion Truck Mount

I have a 15HP Panther, I bought it new from chem-tex. No major problems with the machine, that I was not able to fix myself. Customer service is terrible though. I cannot really complain about the machine itself. It does an awesome job and it is pretty reliable. It's an entry level machine and I learned alot by having it, so I really do not have any regrets. I heard Amtex is comparable to chemtex, perhaps even better and their customer service I hear is outstanding.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom