Black water in chem tank?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Do I need to replace the hoses going into the chem tank, the fittings or both. I cleaned out the tank and it had black water in it after a few days. Can this be caused by the the Cat pump?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i've had black water come out of my hoses after certain chems sit over the weekend or excessivily hot water blows through but it usually passes quickly.

gene

John Watson

It could also be what solution you are running through your system or a combination chems and black death. If you have any steel fittings in your flow circut, normaly first to go, then the brass. I prefer brass copper or SS which is not always avalaible.

Take a few fittings apart in different places and check the interior for suppling the black coloration that migrates to the chem Tank

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm not very familiar with the Genny's plumbing.
I doubt the black water is coming from the pump
but if they use the steel braid Ineptune lines for the plumbing, I'd say that's most likely where the black water is coming from

the farm supply store will have hydraulic hoses made up in different lengths.
It's what I've always used for replacement TM plumbing .

http://www.tractorsupply.com/hydraulic- ... n--1810319

..l.T.A.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Do you have a fresh water tank or not? If not it could be from a customer's hose bib. Like Larry said, I don't see how the Cat pump could cause it and I don't think there are any Neptune hoses or steel fittings in the system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom