Blast from the past

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Found an old photo of our crew from back in the Chemstractor era / around 1998.

pioneer-maintenance-circa98.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Our cleaning company offered "steam extraction" and "shampoo extraction" in the early (pre-truck mount) 70's. The "shampoo extraction" with the Chemstractor invariably came out better, and we left the heavy "steam" machines at the warehouse for the most part and just ran the Chemstractors until we got our first truck mount.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Always wanted one of those. Glad I never bought one.

They actually did pretty well on commercial carpet. It was part of the journey. Had tried everything to resolve problems and make it profitable to clean lots of commercial carpet. The Chemstractors were better than everything we had tried before it. My next plan (around 2021) was to take a Cimex, create an extraction ring for it, and add suction to build a sort of Super-Chemstractor. But it was also about that time that I started messing around with a crystalizing detergent. Once I saw what encap was capable of with the Cimex, I dropped the idea of adding the extraction ring. Instead it was off to the races with the Cimex, good encap juice, and the correct scrub pads for encap cleaning. Releasit was born shortly thereafter.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
They actually did pretty well on commercial carpet. It was part of the journey. Had tried everything to resolve problems and make it profitable to clean lots of commercial carpet. The Chemstractors were better than everything we had tried before it. My next plan (around 2021) was to take a Cimex, create an extraction ring for it, and add suction to build a sort of Super-Chemstractor. But it was also about that time that I started messing around with a crystalizing detergent. Once I saw what encap was capable of with the Cimex, I dropped the idea of adding the extraction ring. Instead it was off to the races with the Cimex, good encap juice, and the correct scrub pads for encap cleaning. Releasit was born shortly thereafter.

You changed our industry, Rick, and helped a myriad of cleaners develop profitable commercial cleaning businesses, and as well helped to solve difficult problems that cleaners were facing.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Just updated our About Us page...

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I bought a bonnet machine, not chemstractor. I loved the thing. Still have it. It served its purpose in my early years of janitorial. That and a porty.

Reactions: encapman

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Just Nancy and me from that photo. But they're all still friends.

Jo, our office manager, is the sister of the one in the center / 4th from left.

Reactions: Mikey P

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Side point: Since we did only commercial carpet cleaning & floor care (mostly at night) we only employed part time techs. These part time employees had other day time jobs. But we paid a much higher than average wage to our crew — considerably more per hour than they made at their day time jobs*. Having high-production cleaning systems made that pay structure possible for us. That's another reason why I was always searching to discover more efficient commercial carpet cleaning methods. With our pay structure we were able to attract good people who were eager to work a couple of nights a week to add a nice surplus to their daytime earnings. That model served us well in our commercial carpet cleaning business.

*The 2nd person (standing next to me) worked by day for an investment firm. But he loved working for us too in order to bring in some additional revenue.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I refreshed our About Us page, and deleted the page referenced above. Here's its replacement...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom