Blaze led uv light

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I just bought the big blaze led. It has more lights than the large mag light and costs 100 less.

Went around my back yard at night looking for urine from my 100lb beast that marks everything he can and nothing lights up. I'm going to put new batteries in it and try again. I hope this is just operator error

It is a nice size light at a good price

Anyone have one or test it out yet?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Louis;

I played with two of them at Connections (50 & 100+).

They use many of the small 5mm LEDs. Heat buildup usually will deteriorate the output power.

Newer lights use the High-power UV LEDs.

The first ones were 1 Watt and the brand new ones are 3 Watt in power.

The 3 Watt UV LEDs will give you the best urine detection beam.

Larry Cobb

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Larry,

I was looking at your site today & noticed your 3 Watt UV LED flashlight, it claims to work in a "normal" room, what exactly does that mean? I ask because I have no desire to use one of these lights if it means waiting till the sun has set to find pee.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I had to send my big flashlite from Jon -Don back because it didn't work right out of the box. Got a new one from them real quick.

And I'm a little disappointed in its performance.

My 12 inch "Black Light" from a Spencer's gifts works just as good and it only cost me $20.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

The UV light works in "normal lighting". It has a focused beam.

We demoed one at the Connections show and under trade show lighting, it showed a marker stain we made on the aisle carpet readily.

In a home, I would call normal lighting a few outside windows with interior lights off.

Larry Cobb

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So this light should be able to spot urine in the day time under normal lighting?

John Watson

Jim, the smaller one was $50 something and was supposed to work better than the big more expensive one. We are going to try our small one out today in an unsuspecting clients rental unit.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We tried our flashlight style UV on the carpet at Connections. Marked area was clearly visible. Not so with the competition's model. So you can spend $100 and get something that doesn't do the job.

Scott Warrington

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
yep, it was the big silver one

I shined it on a big piss stain that had some dirt on top, it showed no yellow and the room was fairly dark

they also had the competitor model at the booth, that was the big black one that looked like a mag flashlight

John Watson

Well we didn't get to do the MT rental today. But, we did use the light in our 1st clients home where she said Arther the inside cat has never had an accident. Small light worked as good as my $300 one and no cord no warm up and I got Arther in trouble. He marks his areas by the big window where he lays and watches the outdoor male cats that come in his yard..... Not bad, just a few, paid for the new light. Guess I will try to sell the space gun on ebay or sumtin... This little sucka works for me!!!

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Why would the little one work better than the larger one I wonder?

Maybe higher wattage LED's?

I seen the demo they were doing on the stand and the big one appeared to work very well, were the competitions (I have no idea who sold the other model) light didn't work so well at all.

But that big silver one (like you brought Steve) at the show seemed to work on the mat they had on the floor. Maybe it wasn't urine they had on the mat but another identifier perhaps to really make it stand out?

Thanks for your feedback as well John. Good to know the smaller one worked.

Jim

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I tested mine today after my dog marked the tree in the yard the sun was going down. Nothing, not a damm thing. I guess I should bring my own urine treated carpet when I buy one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom