Bleach spots

ksokalski

I have not done it the crayola way yet....but I am definately planning on it.

I think that you may be speaking of using a wet dye kit. With your nuetral colors (tan, brown, etc)...sometimes the bleach will take out 2 of the primary colors (red and blue) before it dries and stops working...thus leaving a yellow spot. If a yellow spot is left, the red and the blue need to be added back to create the neutral color again.

If the spot is pure white...all primary colors...red, blue and yellow need to be added back to the spot again. It is all about color theory.

Even though I have not used crayons yet, I am planning on practicing this technique at the shop and then using it in the field....it just seems SO much simpler...and more quick.

Kris

harryhides

Name
Tony
ksokalski said:
If the spot is pure white...all primary colors...red, blue and yellow need to be added back to the spot again. It is all about color theory.
Kris

Kris, I have often found that when a carpet is bleached back to white that it is too badly damaged to wet dye. The Dye sites just cannot accept any dye. You will find that in these cases the crayons will still be effective.

Back
Top Bottom