Bleached out spots

RLitwin

I cleaned my sister's house and 3 days later, spots throughout the house are a light yellow/orange like bleach was used. She had a sick dog and is toliet training my neice. The spots appeared everywhere I used Urine Stain Remover or Odorzyme. I have used the same products hundreds of times and don't understand what happened.

I think that there might be something wrong with the carpet dye. It is a high "quality" nylon that is only a few months old. I'm going to get an inspector to figure out what is wrong. Any ideas?

Mikey P

Administrator
My guess is it's older non solution dyed nylon and you yanked the color out.

Did you rinse those products out or leave them?

RLitwin

CTI's Urine Stain Remover is left in. A light mist after cleaning.
CTI's Oodorzyme. I treat first then clean and reapply. I give it a quick rinse as I finish that room.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
RLitwin said:
I cleaned my sister's house and 3 days later, spots throughout the house are a light yellow/orange like bleach was used. She had a sick dog and is toliet training my neice. The spots appeared everywhere I used Urine Stain Remover or Odorzyme. I have used the same products hundreds of times and don't understand what happened.

I think that there might be something wrong with the carpet dye. It is a high "quality" nylon that is only a few months old. I'm going to get an inspector to figure out what is wrong. Any ideas?

Same thing happened to me a week ago, i posted a thread on here under vacaway cyclone/dog vomit...did your sister use any carpet home products before u got there?

That's what happened at my customer's house, and she had one of those oxy type of bottle.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I would first suspect an oxidizing cleaner. These can bleach the carpet if not entirely rinsed out. The second thing I would look for is the stability of the dye in the carpet. If this is high quality goods, that is a rare problem. Then I would consider your oxidizer being left on the spot and not rinsed. Those products (oxidizers and reducers) keep working until they evaporate or until they are rinsed out.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom