Bleached wool rug from using Stain Magic for wool, need help

Moser Bros.

I used some stain magic for wool on a couple of large white wool rugs, the customer called me back and told me there are little bleach spots on the rug from where I used the product. I sprayed a lot of the neutralizer down on the areas I treated after I flushed out the stain magic with hwe 15 minutes after application. I'm thinking either I got a bad batch of neutralizer or since I used a spray bottle to apply the neutralizer and not a sponge, that it missed little spots. The bottle doesn't say to use a sponge, but I think it would cover more area and not leave unneutralized spots.

Now I have to make it up to the customer. Does anyone know if it is possible to bleach out the entire rug evenly without doing more damage, and how much time and money, and what kind of bleach would I use.

Bob Foster

By any chance did you use any citrus cleaner on it? When that dries out it can present itself as whiter if not completely rinsed.

That might be all it is and/or it might be residual SM. Maybe it just needs a good flush.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Moser Bros. said:
I used some stain magic for wool on a couple of large white wool rugs, the customer called me back and told me there are little bleach spots on the rug from where I used the product. I sprayed a lot of the neutralizer down on the areas I treated after I flushed out the stain magic with hwe 15 minutes after application. I'm thinking either I got a bad batch of neutralizer or since I used a spray bottle to apply the neutralizer and not a sponge, that it missed little spots. The bottle doesn't say to use a sponge, but I think it would cover more area and not leave unneutralized spots.

Now I have to make it up to the customer. Does anyone know if it is possible to bleach out the entire rug evenly without doing more damage, and how much time and money, and what kind of bleach would I use.

Lyon, if it's white where you applied the Stain magic for wool, it does not mean that it is bleached.
It may simply be excess residue.
If it is, you will be able to feel the residue with your hands. Then you can flush and leave a towel with a book on top to be sure you catch it all.

I would not advise bleaching the whole thing - better to touch up the bleach spots if that is what they are.

bugadab

I bleached an entire living room set one time. White cloth that was real, real nasty. Cleaned it 2 times and couldn't get to my satisfaction. Took it outside and bleached it. Came out real nice, but it was mine and not a customers. I was giving it away so that someone would have some furniture. I guess if you bleached it and its not residue then you could try to bleach the rest at risk of having to pay for it.

Good Luck,

Brent

gary mackay

I remember once upon a time carefully bleaching wool rug cotton fringe & somehow got a small drip on the wool right in the middle that ate a hole in it exposing the backing.

I agree with excess residue.Or these apots are actually clean and a better clean would blend them in.
I also want to add that you should start with less aggressive spotters and whene you use very aggresive spotters it should be a last resort and with customers knowledge to lesson liability on you.

As for bleaching the carpet out i say no. unless its that or your buying it.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
If there was any pigment color in the rug whatsoever you could have loosened the color with both the amonia and the hot water rinsing. Wool especielly for rugs is dyed at much lower temperature so high alkalinity and hot water can make a relatively colorfast rug bleed. So rinse rinse rinse with cold water and an acid rinse but there is a possibilty you removed color.

DevilDog

Highly unlikely it is residue unless I did not read this right.

What residue (bleached out looking) would Stain Magic leave?

This is not a powdered oxidizer.

You have probably bleached the spot out.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Look in your area for a company that advertises bleach stain correction and see if you get the carpet to them, what they'd charge for spot dying the spots.

If that doesn't work PM me and I may have another solution for you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom