Blew a Belt on a job. APEX?

steamron

Name
Ron
Maybe you can help me,
I need to replace the belt for the alternator on my APEX but I need to get the 2 belts off the water pump.
How do I do it?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
http://www.barker-hammer.com/items/Manuals/Prochem/Prochem-Apex-GTX-Truckmount-Manual.pdf

Hum? Which belts? Engine or blower?
Are you referring to the engine water pump or the Cat pump?

by the looks of the diagram in the manual, engine only has 1 belt and can be easliy remove by loosening the "adjustment swing arm".
If its the cat pump and blower belts, you will have to loosen the cat pump adjustment/mounting bolts. From the diagram I couldn't tell if there was an adjustment screw that moves the whole cat pump and mounting brackets-- which would make the job a lot easier.

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
Not fun to blow belts on a job. Better to change them periodically. I couldn't find the expected life expectancy of belts in that manual but it would be helpful for you to find out how long to expect out of belts and get your machine on a proper preventive maintenance schedule so this doesn't happen again.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
If I'm not mistake there is a split pulley on the engine for the pump belt. There are bolts that hold the front and back parts of the pulley together. Loosening these bolts enough will allow you to take the belt off. Shims in between the front and back parts of pulley are what adjust the belt tightness.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom