Blood out of matress

Walt

My customers husband was in a very bad bike accident and leaked a pool of blood on their new bed after he came home from the hospital a couple of years ago. The expensive mattress has begun to sag terribly and they tried to return it. The bed retailer wont take it because of the blood spot.

What's the best way to get this out. It is several years old and I'd imagine very deep in the fiber. I'm headed over there in a couple of days.

Walt said:
My customers husband was in a very bad bike accident and leaked a pool of blood on their new bed after he came home from the hospital a couple of years ago. The expensive mattress has begun to sag terribly and they tried to return it. The bed retailer wont take it because of the blood spot.

What's the best way to get this out. It is several years old and I'd imagine very deep in the fiber. I'm headed over there in a couple of days.

Peroxide and rust remover for the iron that is in the blood. Rince with cold water and force dry.

Mikey P

Administrator
peroxide-water claw..peroxide-water claw..peroxide-water claw..peroxide-water claw..

and when your finally convinced it wont work, break out the jig saw.

I had a custy today that wanted to return there mattress. Mattress company came out and told them that they had to have professionally cleaned to get spot out(that I could barely see). Worked out well for me they added a couple rooms of carpet and I walked put a couple hundred bucks richer....

G

rhyde said:
Garry Heacock it.... bac-out w/dwell time then rust remover

Gary gave me a little bottle of Bac-Out at Mikey/Myteefest in Poway. It should work pretty well.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
"The expensive mattress has begun to sag terribly and they tried to return it."

Its called use. Thats' like trying to return carpet after it has developed traffic lanes.

Depending on how much actually pooled,cut out the contaminated area ,burn that and then throw away the rest with the trash.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
In addition to peroxide and actually before it, a good enzyme (bac out) will help digest the protein and break it down. It will actually make the peroxide work better. Though it will take quite a few hours for it to actually digest it

However, it is probably in the mattress foundation and too much liquid may cause it to saturate and possibly penetrate the other side. It may be best to treat, use peroxide and flip the mattress to the other side, so that if it wicks, it will wick towards the inside.

Good luck.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Pool of blood on a mattress?

God gawd would any of you sleep on it after you cleaned it?

Tell them to throw it away unless they live in a crackhouse.

:shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom