Blue Blocks?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Talked to Josh. Nice guy, but no blocks. Only has the old squeaky/squishy styrofoam like JD and Aramsco currently carry.

The blue stuff is gone because the manufacturer no longer makes that insulation board. There are other firm insulation panels that can be cut into blocks though, so a similar block can be made from whatever color is available.

Magic Wand has a replacement in stock right now at half the price Marty found on Ebay.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Nate W.
Talked to Josh. Nice guy, but no blocks. Only has the old squeaky/squishy styrofoam like JD and Aramsco currently carry.

The blue stuff is gone because the manufacturer no longer makes that insulation board. There are other firm insulation panels that can be cut into blocks though, so a similar block can be made from whatever color is available.

Magic Wand has a replacement in stock right now at half the price Marty found on Ebay.

Wow, interesting.. We ordered some from the back of CleanFax or could have been ICS mag before.. 6 boxes of blue blocks.. Wasn't the normal size we were used to ordering.. I swear I have like 2-3 boxes left, it's never ending..

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Doug B
I have the JD yellow blocks. They are just like the JD blue blocks except the color. I have some JD white blocks that are ordinary coffee cup styrofoam. Those are not good.

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Somebody needs to bring back wood blocks. My customers used to save them for next time.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Somebody needs to bring back wood blocks. My customers used to save them for next time.
Last time I used a wood block was back in 1981.
Had to do a warranty claim on a new install for a carpet manufacturer in a bank and had to move all the file cabinets.
Guess all the guys that don't move furniture would have passed on that job.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Last time I used a wood block was back in 1981.
Had to do a warranty claim on a new install for a carpet manufacturer in a bank and had to move all the file cabinets.
Guess all the guys that don't move furniture would have passed on that job.
The company I worked for back then had the great idea of printing the company name on the blocks. Would have been great if the Tech's put the name side up. Most didn't care and the customers knew who to call to complain about about their freshly imprinted carpets.

• Wow
Reactions: SamIam and KevinD

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just got done doing some remodeling of my house about the time of that outrageous eBay price, so I cut up the spare lumber I had laying around into blocks. I like styrofoam better, but the wood works too.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I just got done doing some remodeling of my house about the time of that outrageous eBay price, so I cut up the spare lumber I had laying around into blocks. I like styrofoam better, but the wood works too.
Then do you foil tab the wood blocks? I usually tab wood.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Wasn't there somebody who used to advertise in three back of CF/ICS that made custom color blocks? We've been using the white blocks they truly suck in every way

Reactions: Mike J

Luky

Name
Mario

I stopped at Magic wand two weeks ago ;they got them for $235
( I didn't check the color). I got mushy ones from Aramsco for a discounted price of $147. It'll last me a year.( hopefully)

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Strange looking with yellow. Good quality but they are a little slick. Give the little pieces a little push to indent the block slightly so it dont slide off ez and break a lamp.
IMG_6471.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom