Blue Church Pews , Throne Style Chairs and Standard Sitting Chairs , How Much to Charge

Name
Michael James
I recently was asked to bid on a rather large Church Upholstery job , Here are the specs for the church , 32- 12ft pews , 32-15ft pews (Bottoms & Backs) , 11- Throne Style Chairs (High Backed) and 90- Standard Sitting Chairs (Bottoms & Backs) , I have seen several price points posted and was wondering what type of labor charges for each type , I figured about $3.oo per linear foot for the pews and 90@ $10.00 per regular chair and 11@ $20.00 per Throne High Back Arm Chair. I was also curious should we charge for materials used? I need an answer asap as the Bishop is trying to have the service done this week. Thank you ~Mike James ACCONB đź‘˝

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Are you cleaning them yourself or are you paying a crew? And what's your market like in your area? Atlanta type market or small town type (2-5 competitors)?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I recently was asked to bid on a rather large Church Upholstery job , Here are the specs for the church , 32- 12ft pews , 32-15ft pews (Bottoms & Backs) , 11- Throne Style Chairs (High Backed) and 90- Standard Sitting Chairs (Bottoms & Backs) , I have seen several price points posted and was wondering what type of labor charges for each type , I figured about $3.oo per linear foot for the pews and 90@ $10.00 per regular chair and 11@ $20.00 per Throne High Back Arm Chair. I was also curious should we charge for materials used? I need an answer asap as the Bishop is trying to have the service done this week. Thank you ~Mike James ACCONB đź‘˝
figure out how many hours it's going to take you and charge $150 per hour. Add 2 extra hours for what you don't see.

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
figure out how many hours it's going to take you and charge $150 per hour. Add 2 extra hours for what you don't see.
I like where Ron is going with this, I'd go one step further.

How long will the pews take you?
The 90 regular chairs?
The high backs?

Time x $150.00 divided by the quantity gives you per piece price.

Be sure to include setup, processing, breakdown in your time.

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T
Get an electric sprayer, or good quality 2 gallon pump up, a few upholstery bonnet mitts, (I personally love the dual stripe ones), and a bunch of towels.. be sure to post wipe the wood or steel...
Nothing says professional like a bunch of overspray...
Also, what upholstery tool are you using?
What are you planning for chems?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I do tons of churches and would probably figure on 9 hours of labor for everything. Like Ron said, add a few extra hours just in case. That must be a big church. Most of the little country churches I do only have around 30 pews total.

Name
Michael James
Get an electric sprayer, or good quality 2 gallon pump up, a few upholstery bonnet mitts, (I personally love the dual stripe ones), and a bunch of towels.. be sure to post wipe the wood or steel...
Nothing says professional like a bunch of overspray...
Also, what upholstery tool are you using?
What are you planning for chems?
Thank you and I am using the mighty upholstery tool , I bought a nice pump up sprayer today. Chapin 3 gallon sprayer metal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom