Blue gatorade on carpet help

Hey guys what should I use to get this out tomorrow... I have Red relief, Stain Magic, Matrix Miracle, Matrix Orange #1, and Grease Eraser and an Iron if I need it...

Thanks!!!
Tommy Mac

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
NOPE depending on the fiber. If it is a natural fiber adios it is a keepr if has dried

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Assuming its synthetic fiber I would try in this order: Try to extract with cold water first, ( this will help with removing bulk of the contaminate) You may need to water claw the spot to prevent wick back if there was an entire 32 oz spilled.

Then prespray and dwell with.. if Grease Eraser is what you have us it. Rinse with water and get as dry as possible, you'll probably see the blue remaining. And if memory serves, its a synthetic Dye so mix up your RED RELief, get a wet towel and put your iron on it for a good 30 to 45 seconds before you check it... as long as you have the towel wet enough. then apply pressure for 10 seconds and check every 10 seconds. If no visible change after the first 45 seconds I would stop, rinse, apply fresh stain magic, cover in seran wrap (tape it down with painters tape) And leave it sit, return the next day and it should be gone.

If its a natural fiber... ask the customer if you would like the entire piece stained the rest of the way... :| You can do stuff with natural fibers but it takes more specielized chemistry, training and time than most are willing to spend. Now if it was a good rug, or portable piece of furntirue/cushion... WE would take it back to our shop to work on so time was working for us. But before you do anything... get her/the customer to sign off regardless of fiber. Its her MESS, you are trying to correct her stain.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I agree with all of what Sweeney said.
Both chemicals and dealing with the client.

Only thing I disagree is the grease eraser. That is if it is a high alkalinity pre-spray. They tend to set dye stains. (I am not sure it is high in pH though!)

harryhides

Name
Tony
If it's an Olefin or Polyester carpet just flush it out and towel dry. No chems needed.
If it's Nylon Sweeney has it right - treat as it its a kool aid stain.
If wool it will be more difficult but can be done.

If the carpet is blue - no problem....

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Kolfer, Grease Eraser... CAN... be a high pH but you can dilute it quite a bit. I would prefer the use a reg prespray... but I was trying to use the chems he listed.

So in addenum to what I said... if that is the only preconditioner you have, dilute it down.

Thanks Guys!!! I'm not sure what type of carpet it is I asked the guy he had no idea and barley speaks english... its a floor in a 3 flat in not the best neighborhood so who knows!

Thanks!

Name
R.J. Povio
im sure the gatorade is the least of his problems.....besides....BLUE gatorade.....you sure its not RED.....thats the ghettos favorite flavor!!!!! RED! i bet you the rest of the carpet is nasty with big black ring type spots all over the carpet too! you will look like a hero when you are done!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You'lll need to get CTI's Blue Relief or better yet Bridgepoint's BlueZONE. These products are specifically design for stains like blue Gatorade.

While it can be helpful to flush first as was suggested above, dye removal products work better on dry carpet. Synthetic fibers will only absorb so much moisture. If they are wet from being flushed with water or cleaned, they won't absorb the stain removal product as completely. Either flush and then wait for the carpet to dry (ideally) or use on dry carpet without the flush / rinse / cleaning as a first step.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom