bni, other referral groups

G

I have been in BNI.. for about 6 months now..
its awesome.. but we have the #1 chapter in Indiana.

Its like life or anything else.. its all what you put into it.
and how good your members are. ITs NOT an individual thing..

I recommend it highly. I have earned enuf.. to pay my room dues.. and annual dues.. for 25 years already.. so you can do the math.

I'm very fortunate.. but i'm passionate.. confident.. and im a people person.. and ya gotta be to network and sell yourself.
ITs NO different than a chamber meeting.. etc.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
If you've been in your area for a while you should already have a network of relationships. Joining a BNI is selling out your old friends for new.

Greg Loe

if you've been in your area for a while you should already have a network of relationships. Joining a BNI is selling out your old friends for new

You're not required to do business or give referrals to any member you don't want too.

I have my own mechanic and won't go anywhere else, but is if I have an emergency that my mechanic can't get to and my BNI mechanic can, then yes, he get the business if I can't wait.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
After paying over $800 for lettering on my van I asked the guy to let me know when he needed carpet cleaning. He told me he only uses people in his BNI. I have a new sign guy.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so you penalized your sign guy because he uses another cleaner in his BNI group........

that sounds kinda shallow to me.......

Neil

I don't see anything wrong with that. His sign guy told him he would never get his business. It's almost insulting. I don't see any reason for him to continue using him.

One of the problems with BNI is it becomes kind of a referral contest, and a lot of people will give cold referrals to get their "count" up.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I think its really scummy to sell out your old friends for a group of new best friends. I already know a member of almost every profession who has earned my loyalty.

I think BNIs are good for a guy new to an area.

BTW, I've cleaned my new sign guy's home and office carpet several times and he's given me many referrals.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom