Bob Fosters Super Trucks

Mikey P

Administrator
So Bob.

Lets say a guy who wants a Prochem/Powerclean/EZ/Judson/HydrOmaster/Legends Big Gulp or any other slide in wants to have one installed in a decked out truck like you and Werner have, how would they go about having you set one up for them?

Where would it be installed/picked up?

What sort of warranty would they get on the custom work you performed?

What brands of vans do you offer?

What are the pros over a traditional cargo van set up?

and the cons?

What if a guy just had to dual wand but wanted one of your nifty "Cleaning Condos", What 68 blower unit could you recommend at this time.

How much money down and are you working with any creditors?

If I ordered tomorrow when would I get my Condo?

Bob Foster

Mikey P said:
So Bob.

Lets say a guy who wants a Prochem/Powerclean/EZ/Judson/HydrOmaster/Legends Big Gulp or any other slide in wants to have one installed in a decked out truck like you and Werner have, how would they go about having you set one up for them?

I would have the owner choose their brand of chassis. At this time time I am preferring the GMC 4500 or the Ford LCF. Working with the manufacturer’s body builder specifications

http://www.commtruck.ford.com/pdf/broch ... atalog.pdf
http://www.gmc-wseries.com/

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckBBAS/to ... tinfo.html

http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/2008 ... uzu_D6.pdf

From that the appropriate chassis with the correct cab to axle dimensions I then would have the truck drop shipped to the owners dealership.

I prefer to use an Intercontinental Truck Body box due to their weight and proven ability to work with small run fabricators. There is no better box made. I would then order the box to be made to fit the above mentioned ordered truck. This would be manufactured in either Conrad MT for American Customers or Coaldale AB or Langley BC for Canadian customers.

Considerations at this stage will be made for:
slide in dimensions
fluid capacities
utility requirements: o/o carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning/flood or flood truck
cold weather insulation requirement

Where would it be installed/picked up?

Local dealership truck dealership. Where I will meet owner and in-service train for a couple of days.

The entire contents of the box except slide in will be assembled in Canada off the truck and then decked to the dealership for installation to the chassis. Installation of the box is an 8 hour job start to finish including all hook ups.

What sort of warranty would they get on the custom work you performed?

5% hold back of completed box price for 1 year to cover all parts and labor for electrical or plumbing issues to be completed by a mutually agreed 3rd party

What brands of vans do you offer?

Hilly country guys should look closer at the GM because it offers and engine brake and from what I can tell Ford doesn’t offer one. I like the Fords better and its frame rail is 2 inches lower than the GM.

What are the pros and cons over a traditional cargo van set up?

Pros
Far more room well over double the cubic capacity of a standard cargo van
Ability to move your investment to another chassis if one is damaged or wears out
Increased job efficiency due to reduced set up time and easy of entrance and egress
Higher fluid capacities
Lower noise output
Larger signage
Greater vehicle longevity building on a real truck chassis

Cons
Higher purchase price
Not suitable for operations with significant cleaning technician employment turn over
Will not store in residential garages (heating provisions can easily be made for cold climates)
Will not go in underground parkades
Insurance and plates are more expensive

What if a guy just had to dual wand but wanted one of your nifty "Cleaning Condos", What 68 blower unit could you recommend at this time.

2 slide ins or maybe we could convince Les to build a TNT - 68 diesel monster

What 68 blower unit could you recommend at this time.

Look for who has the best quiet technology. Silencing and ventilation will not be an issue.

How much money down and are you working with any creditors?

Money down depends on credit prearrangement with leasing company. I can assist or we can use know carpet cleaner friendly leasing companies.

If I ordered tomorrow when would I get my Condo?

Total about 12 – 16 weeks to owner.

Food for thought:
Imagine a truck box that is only 6-8 inches over all taller than a Vortex but you can walk into it and stand up with more room than a Vortex for working and storage of equipment. 4 inches less side overhang on each side than a Vortex for better visibility. Better cab to axle ratio and no hard ride.

Imagine the fit and finish of the interior of a good highway bus like an MCI with quality laminates and metal extrusions and you have the touch and feel of the truck.
Imagine a pewter colored or sandstone colored truck and box with Alcoa style wheels.
Imagine a working deck of your truck at a little above our knees instead at the heght of your belt.
Imagine an integrated in board step at the side door (like a bus).

The two experimental vans I built were on cheap chasis with box dimensions that were larger than the actual truck box sizes I would use for the o/o truck. My current van could be a 10 inches narrower and not be a compromise for functionality. It is also a staight box rather than a drop box like the first truck I built. A drop box is son much nicer for several reasons which include stability, easy of access egress and lower overall height of the truck.

The first and foremost concern of these trucks is safety; proper weight ratios to the axles and surface stability for fluids in motion.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
bob it is intersting you mention the ford lcf, i am looking to add one to my mini fleet as an equipment truck, pending a test drive. have you driven one? are they as bouncy as a ud? i found a 2007 with 18000 miles for $20,000.00 with liftgate and two side doors and garage style door in the rear.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
do;nt forget the car wash love takin my gmc to the drive thru wash
yes i am lazy gosh i hate to wash any thing

Bob Foster

dealtimeman said:
bob it is intersting you mention the ford lcf, i am looking to add one to my mini fleet as an equipment truck, pending a test drive. have you driven one? are they as bouncy as a ud? i found a 2007 with 18000 miles for $20,000.00 with liftgate and two side doors and garage style door in the rear.

I have driven the LCF and it has a decent ride. But they came in many different GVWs. Open the side door and see what the axles are rated for. If it's over 14 ft for carpet cleaning it's too big. 12 or 14 is the best. If you want to turn it into a rough riding truck then put the equipment in it in the wrong place.

Check the GVW of th UD. Is it a 1200 or a 1400. The 1200 had a much lighter capacity on the front end. Besides the UD's horribly gutless.

I would go with a GMC (Isuzu) or a Mitsubishi (Fuso or Sterling same thing) long before the UD. But read the axle capacities on any of them.

Bob Foster

handdi said:
do;nt forget the car wash love takin my gmc to the drive thru wash
yes i am lazy gosh i hate to wash any thing

Why not just pull the solution line out of your truck and prespray it with truck wash and then pressure wash it off with your truck. Then once a month give it a broom wash.

Easy!

R

R W

Are these trucks the ones that take out the McDonalds Drivethrough overhangs??? Ever Mc in town here has damage to the drivethrough overhangs from tall trucks....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
R W said:
Are these trucks the ones that take out the McDonalds Drivethrough overhangs??? Ever Mc in town here has damage to the drivethrough overhangs from tall trucks....

Probably, but damn just like anything else...PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

I go through them all the time, pull out to the side a little and get out to go to the window..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Michael
We have 8-box trucks, 1-LCF, 3-Izuzu's, 3-Ford's and 1-GMC, the LCF is the preferred truck of the group.

It's built better than the Isuzu's, the cab is built much more solid, but she will still shake your rocks out of the bag! If you're wanting smooth, Ford or GMC is your best bet.

IMG_0338.jpg

Farenheit251

I liked Ron's sink idea but wanted to go one step further and add a shitter plumbed directly to the dump tank. Just need to figure out how to hook up a kill switch to the seat.

enviropure

I use to have a 1990 14' box GMC (C30?). The guy I bought it from had mounted the Prochem Performer squarely in the middle of the box. It had no side doors and the rear door was the overhead rollup type. Had to climb up into the box every time to start/stop the TM. That was a pain. Also, the placement of the TM didn't allow for placement of things right beside the TM. I did have a large deep utility sink in it. That was probably one of the nicest things about it.

If I was going to carry any restoration equipment or extra floor work equipment with me...I'd buy another box truck in a heartbeat!

Eric

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
nice trucks richard! i want the ford lcf as a water damage equipment hauler. it is becomeing a pain to ask friends or family to help me pick up equipment everytime i have a big job. at what point did you start needing trucks just to haul dehus, fans and other equipment? and do you think an 07 lcf 13000 miles with a 16 ft box w/liftgate is worth 20K? i am really anxious to buy because i am on my biggest water damage ever and alll my equipment is at one job and it will take three pickups two trips to pick everything up. plus like your trucks, it looks so much more professional. did i mention you had nice trucks!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Our LCF is a WDR equipment hauler, no TM in it just racks. It will easily 60-air movers and 10 Drizair 2000's a couple of E-TES's and Injectidry's.

We use it just as you mentioned, it can be used to pick up multiple jobs or loaded full waiting a large job.

We've only had it a couple of years but it is the favorite truck for moving equipment.
2-of our other boxes are empty and we have used them for years to move equipment when not in use for fire work.

Bob Foster

I would agree up till the point the LCF came into the market. I wonder how the new Hinos that were just reintroduced will compare.

One statement makes them a serious contender. Hino is a Toyota company. You can bet it will be more expensive.
2BH.jpg

hinostreet.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom