Bob Foster's Website

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Disclaimer. Bob admits he's is not done with the site and I think it's just a quick put up for now. Iseeru

When Bob told me that, it kinda took the fire out of me but here goes anyway. :cry:

Here's the address
Not a good URL in my opinion....Needs to be a .com :|

http://www.carpetcleaningvictoria.org/

This critique is more from a customer point of view and conversion standpoint. 8)

First thing I notice is the kid of course. Good pic (Wayne's doing?) but waaaaaay too big... although you do have the "Expert Carpet Care" prominently displayed so that helps draw the attention to the fact that it's a "carpet" type website.

Carpet "care" is a not a good title to have in a Carpet Cleaning name.
When people want Carpet Cleaning...they are not thinking "Care"
This is an industry argument anyway...I'm just thinking like the customer.
You want to convey to them that you do everything...but it just doesn't work that way.
Chances are, a customer will go to a carpet "cleaner" to get carpet "care" anyway...so I don't see the point in using the "care" in the title.

OK Bob....this Is a big one... !dork!

Where is your DAMN PHONE NUMBER??? :evil: :shock: Ivebeensold :x :x

Yes, I know it's down the page to the left...but why wouldn't it be at the top, above the fold so it hits the customers like a brick "Oh, I guess I have to call?" Yes, that's what they think...it's not what they will tell you they are thinking...and it not what you might think they are thinking...but yes, they are thinking it and probably don't even know they are thinking it. Whew! OK, next. lol

Colors are pretty good...little dark for the back ground but not horrible.

Here's an example of where to start...there is more to be said and done but it's enough for now.

BobFosterWebsiteexample.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
Corky, having YOU critiquing websites is like having Chem Dry deciding if the job was done right or not.

Give it a rest.

Go eat a beet sandwich you sissy.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
A lot of wasted realestate above the fold.

A client should be able to conduct business without scrolling.

Souuld atleast have phone number and large link to free a quote page.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom