RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
This is a nice one. :barf:

Body fluid stain on a mattress.

December17029_zps39b9fdc5.jpg

How would you go about removing it.??

I have a B & D / Crain Steamer.

Plus some MasterBlend products such as Magic & Red Dye Stain Remover.

Some Vac-a-way Red Vanish.

Also some 40% H2O2 & Sodium Thiosulphate

Please describe technique & products you would use.

Thanks,

:yoda:

Last edited by a moderator:

FredC

Village Idiot
since it probably a natural fiber (cotton) I would stay away from the high vol peroxide.......but would likely use 3% & ammonia after I saw what would just rinse out w/ my upholstery prespray. Maybe some uv if I had a light.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Fred, I don't have a suitable UV light, only my old high intensity one.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Scissors!!

I've used stain zone - magic on a few, no results on another few ... I've also noticed (excessive) multiple passes have worked for me .. I'm talking pre spray - rinse, pre spray - rinse over and over and over has surprisingly made miracles for me .. I'll shoot a video on my next one

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Shorty have you tested it? It appears a little upholstery prespray and agitation would take it right out? I'd at least try that and if that didn't do it a mist of yellow RX and rinse followed by a towel and the UV light.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Since they sleep on it you don't want anything unhealthy or with strong smell.
I'd clean with a fragrance free pre-spray. A natural enzyme may be necessary (needs dwell time.) You don't want go too deep as you'll increase chance of a ring and you definitely don't want moisture to go into foundation. Rinse well, multiple passes and than mist with 3% peroxide (if you used a natural enzyme, let it finish its work as the peroxide will kill it.)

Clean it for hygienic reasons and to prevent smell.

And for heavens sake, reveal the secret to them: Being covered with a pad and the sheets nobody will ever see it or know about it. And beside you and them (well, at least it was true till you published it here. BTW what's their name? :winky:) their secret is safe with you.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I would hit it with 40 volume, its a crappy mattress if there are consequences to using 40 volume they are better than the current stain. I have used 40 volume on mattress with success.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
New Stain Zone removes almost all impossible stains such as mustard, furniture and wood stains, shoe polish, urine stains, vomit, pigments, coffee, tea and other organic dyes and materials.

Stain Zone is a single product system and doesn’t require mixing, special sprayers or anything else! Stain Zone works by removing, oxidizing or making invisible these previously permanent stains!

A truly revolutionary innovation from Bridgepoint Systems!
When residual discoloration remains, this product will continue to work as it dries.

Stain zone works like magic on a few!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i guess we'll never know............

Shorty..i wanna see a pic with YOR face ezactly
layin' on that same area...
NEVERMIND...im not sure im ready
fo yor face...............lol

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Stain Magic is not available in Australia, & especially where I live, as far as I'm aware.

We don't get a lot of U.S. products down under from the many suppliers over there.

Ammonia is a bit too smelly for me to use on a mattress.

One thing I did notice was that just applying water to the face fibres instantly changed the color.

The original stain is the big darker one in the right hand corner, I sprayed some water on the edge panel and it instantly changed color.

MattressMinnie013_zps31614576.jpg

I did try my normal pre-spray, also some peroxide, both to no avail.

The property manager was not prepared to pay me to attempt various techniques so I walked.

I was not going to make her problem my problem over a crappy rental mattress.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom