Booking 396 jobs........IN ONE DAY!

Bob Foster

Greg Cole if you can book that many jobs in one day you must have lots of scratch pads around your office or one hell of a business system.

Open the hood and tell us what dispatch, client contact, and number crunching software you are running.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
That's amazing.

I'm also impressed of how quickly he got his water damage site up and ready.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm sure Snow pulls those numbers regularly, why so surprised?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Proprietary. I wrote the software back in 1996 (before they offerred software that did scheduling) out of necessity. Over the years I have upgraded it from time to time to make necessary improvements and tweaks

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I once booked 32 jobs in one day. At 3 minutes a call average I felt like I was on the phone all day. That's almost 20 hrs on the phone, you must have lots of help. Congrats
Gene

G

360 thats great till they really find out what it costs to clean the carpet
of course he cafatieria style his business is

soap pre spray and the rest are all ala carte ,pre scrub

it gets better, let me impress you with my rented porti BTW where is the bath tub I guess you have to work out of a big city for new suckers every month

Terrible job! Doesn't really guarantee work! We scheduled for ProCarpet to come out and clean the carpet in a rental home we were vacating. Unfortunately I waited a few weeks to call and express my concerns. The 100% guarantee is only good for 14 days and only applies if you purchase the "recommended" services. So basically their advertised price gets you nothing, you can only get guaranteed work if you pay extra. My carpet was left grimey and does NOT look like it was cleaned at all. We were told that since we declined their deep clean service then they can't guarantee their work. My family does not even wear shoes in the house and we do not eat or drink on the carpet, our floors were NOT heavily soiled, just had normal wear and tear from every day use. I will NEVER use this company again and will be sure to tell everyone I know about their bait and switch tactics. This is not a competitor, I am a real client! Look me up Mr. Cole, my name is Tiffany Wong and I had your company come to my home in Snellville at the end of September

was this juan heating up some beans

This wasn't theft of service it was no service!!! I believe I speak for every unsatisfied customer on Kudzu about this company when I say they are not reputable, and as far as taking me to collections for theft of services I believe we will let my credit card company dispute that for me. As a company you really cannot take someone to collections until you go through a proper process. This company would not have so many unsatisfied customers if they would just give more customer service when a problem occurs instead of posting threats of collections on this site. It could be handled in a more amicable way. Overall

Quality

Service

Value

Was this review helpful
Know what you're getting into... I thought I was buying a professional carpet "steam" cleaning from this company.

First, they don't move any furniture. They only clean exposed areas.

I had my entire basement (5 rooms and a hall) cleaned. When I asked how long this would take, the tech said "oh about 15 minutes". It took me 30 just to vaccuum the space.

The unit they used was a portable unit without a heater. They used hot water from my tap. When I called the office (I didn't receive the follow up call or letter), they explained it was a hot/warm water extrusion and it's just called steam cleaning. We went back and forth, but I don't think it is fair or professional to sell one service and deliver another. They do not use steam. (When I discussed this with the manager Shannon, she acutally insisted that the water turned to steam during the process. I told her the unit would need a heater to create steam and she replied by asking if I have ever seen my breath on a cold day, I do not think she understands the differece between steam and water vapor.)

Lastly, when I called to check on the service I received. I asked how much a "sanitation package" costs. The contact said "ten dollars a room, or $50 per house". I was charged $110.00 for this service by the technician. When I questioned my rate, Shannon said this was only valid over the phone. I think the company should honor their quotes.

I called and asked for the owner and I was told he doesn't take customer calls.

Beware Overall

Quality

Service

Value

Was this review
Know what you're getting into... I thought I was buying a professional carpet "steam" cleaning from this company.

First, they don't move any furniture. They only clean exposed areas.

I had my entire basement (5 rooms and a hall) cleaned. When I asked how long this would take, the tech said "oh about 15 minutes". It took me 30 just to vaccuum the space.

The unit they used was a portable unit without a heater. They used hot water from my tap. When I called the office (I didn't receive the follow up call or letter), they explained it was a hot/warm water extrusion and it's just called steam cleaning. We went back and forth, but I don't think it is fair or professional to sell one service and deliver another. They do not use steam. (When I discussed this with the manager Shannon, she acutally insisted that the water turned to steam during the process. I told her the unit would need a heater to create steam and she replied by asking if I have ever seen my breath on a cold day, I do not think she understands the differece between steam and water vapor.)

Lastly, when I called to check on the service I received. I asked how much a "sanitation package" costs. The contact said "ten dollars a room, or $50 per house". I was charged $110.00 for this service by the technician. When I questioned my rate, Shannon said this was only valid over the phone. I think the company should honor their quotes.

I called and asked for the owner and I was told he doesn't take customer calls.

Beware Overall

Stop assuming your competitors have nothing better to do but sit on kudzu and bash your company. I am an unsatisfied customer & you're talking about your competitors. That comment helped me to make the decision to never deal with you guys again. I know what the tech told me & my mother was here to hear it as a witness. I was satisfied with the tech but not with how this company treats their workers or your selling practices. I stand firm to that because I was in the same position with a company before. Making your techs sale to customers is a scam b/c you are not wanting to do the whole house for just 89.00. Stop worrying about your competitors & start worrying about your customers or you will be working for them by this time next year. Last but not least treat your techs right cause they are bashing you and they work for you!! YOU SCAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!! Overall

Quality

Service

Value

False Advertising * DO NOT USE The easiest way to put this is they are not a professional carpet cleaning company. They advertise $89.00 to CLEAN your entire house (7 bedrooms or less). They arrive and try to upsell you at $35.00 per room to DEEP clean the carpet. If you don not choose to do this, they basically run water over your carpet and leave. When contacting the company to complain, they place blame on the customer for not electing to the 'upgrade' the package and continue to say they can't guarantee stains because of that. Sounds like a scam to me. False advertistment!

Other companies arrive in a professional truck with on-board carpet cleaning systems. This company arrived in a conversion van with a unit that looked as if they rented it from Publix.

DO NOT USE!!!!
Was
Company’s goal - to rip of customers Called company to do job by advertised “3 rooms for $39” coupon. Wanted to clean 2 bedrooms upstairs and stairs. Contractor-technician said he would do only $99 “pet package” + $25 extra per room to sanitize his tools. Total asking price became $169. Contacted company manager by phone. He said contractor could ask as match as he wants and coupon is only for “normal” (i.e. clean) carpet. I let technician go.
Bottom line: they do not stand behind their product, customer service is rude, and the cost is not what the little flayer sayit’s a rip off
President will respond to this complaining about competitors!
DON'T USE THEM. Period

Quality

Service

Value

Was this rev Not Satisfied **The below response from Greg Cole is accurate - our money was refunded (although we still disagree that our carpet was "heavily soiled." After the fact, we got the stains out with regular carpet cleaner). We appreciate Mr. Cole's initiative and attentiveness to this matter. This is the type of customer service that wins fans for a company.

We tried to use a coupon for our carpet service, but when the technician arrived (an hour late) we were told that we had to spend 3x the amount of the coupon in order to have the carpets "clean." Our carpet was not heavily soiled or spotted (no kids and only one cat). We denied the upcharge and went with the regular coupon price. The "cleaning" was unsatisfactory.

Most upsetting is the fact that we called the company to express our concern and the manager we spoke with did not seem interested in offering any type of customer service whatsoever. We weren't asking for anything, just an explanation, but none was given. Proper customer service could have possibly kept us as a customer, now they've lost us.
Steamer Broke - could not get carpets cleaned Guy came out night before we were supposed to move into our new house and have all the carpets cleaned. His steamer broke after doing half of one bedroom, so we could not get carpets cleaned as movers were coming in the morning. I called back today to see what ProCarpet could do to rectify the situation, and all they offered was 10% off, roughly $8.00. Now we have to pay for the 7 room package even though we only have 5 rooms that can still be cleaned due to the furniture. This was not exactly the resolution I was looking for since we were not able to get the carpets cleaned in our new house before the furniture was there. Now we have a new house full of furniture but with the previous owner's dirt..I can't recommend them as they do not do enough to satisfy an unhappy customer when they do not complete a job

$49 coupon turns into $300 charge Upon arriving a hour late for the appointment, the technician said that the $49 coupon amount would not work and we needed at least the $300 package. He said he could smell pet stains and our dog has never had an accident and the owners of the house before us did not have an pets.
He said the $49 carpet cleaning coupon "was not really a cleaning" whatever that means. Poor company. Overall

Quality

Service

Value

Was this review helpful?
Link to This Review Post on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pro Carpet replied on 07-09-2009
It appears that our competitors are at it again. WE ARE BEING BOMBARDED BY FALSE NEGATIVE REPORTS BY OUR COMPETITOR! I HAVE ASKED THAT ANY AND ALL OF THESE CALL ME PERSONALLY SO I CAN RESOLVE IT. To date, I have yet to have a single one of the bogus customers call me to legitimize these.

sPro Carpet IS A RIPOFF I am not a competitor wrting a phoney review. I am a very dissatisfied customer. I too was given a price of 79.95 and told them on thephone exactly what i wanted. It took the worker when he got here at 10 sec to tell me i needed to spend 160.00 to clean the carpet, then knocked the price down to 130 when i told him no way i was paying double. I should have sent him out then. It took them a total of 15 minutes to clean the steps and 2 rooms and charged me 160. My carpet doesnt look any different then it did before they cleaned it. Called Pro Carpet and complainedthe girl on the phone could have cared less..i am spreading the word about this company to everyone i can. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Carpet replied on 06-16-2009
WE ARE BEING BOMBARDED BY A COMPETITOR MAKING UP FALSE REVIEWS! We do NOT use deceptive practices and only charge for what you need. Our Neal Boortz commercials clearly state that! Regreatbly a competitor (who has tried in the past to drive business to them) is writing fake reviews. Since we rarely get complaints- it is obviously VERY UNLIKELY we would have 3 in a 24 hour period! If this is indeed a real customer- I ask you to call me personally at (770) 933-8007 so I can address this allegation! – Greg Cole- President this is how he answers to seems a lot of the problems must be some one else

http://www.kudzu.com/profileReviews.do?A=710334

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm sorry Greg.

No Mikey Board should be treated with such a lack of respect amongst his fellow carpet cleaners.

How would you like me to handle this Gordon dude?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
FYI- final total was 409. And while YES Ken Snow makes my numbers look tiny- I am still proud of my people. While I indeed made the phone ring- They did a stellar job at booking the jobs!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
LOL- No - but writing my own reviews sounds like a great idea! Too bad I'm an honest guy. If I really wanted to I guess I could drive around all day hooking up to hot spots and writing shit. Oh wait! I have a life. Easier way: Each tech gets $25 when their name is listed positively in a Kudzu report.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I'm sure he didn't mean he personally wrote the software, but rather that he paid to have it built. We did the same after looking at numerous proucts that existed for our industry and others that just couldn't accomplish what we needed or didn't have the ability to scale up (we have over 35 pc's in our cleaning business alone).

He booked 400+ jobs which means they likely took probably 500-600 calls for the day. The key to taking that many calls and booking that many orders is having enough office staff to handle the volume of calls. If you figure even 2.25 minutes a call avg for 600 calls that is 1350 minutes of inbound phone calls. Of course 70% of these come in before 1pm and in batches, but if you have the staff and management/owners help when it is peaking to relieve the volume pressure it is no big deal.

I assume like us that they also call the next day's customers to remind them of their appointment- this is another couple hundred outbound calls to be made, plus dispatcher or Customer Care people communicate for various reasons with the cleaners during the day.

Way to go Greg!
Ken

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ps Mike I would delete the classless post of Gordon's. It is not only a highjack of a thread, but about the most classless thing I've seen written.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Ken Snow said:
Ps Mike I would delete the classless post of Gordon's. It is not only a highjack of a thread, but about the most classless thing I've seen written.

Classless or not if he deletes that post then this board is no better than *** or ICS.

Bob Foster

I don't think Gordon was breast fed. Yup, I think that's it. He just need someone to love him and then he'd turn nice like the rest of us. At least I'm nice some of the time.

I'm fascinated how Greg has done this. He couldn't have built it this successful if he was ripping people off.

Greg please tell us how you started out and about the "moments" to get you where you are now.

G

was anything posted not found on public internet?

I have to say some of those glowing over done positive ones would be rather suspect just as mr coal makes out the bad ones are. come on nothing like a sub showing up at your house with a portable " were is the bathtub mam"

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Bob Foster said:
I'm fascinated how Greg has done this. He couldn't have built it this successful if he was ripping people off.

Greg please tell us how you started out and about the "moments" to get you where you are now.

Nothing special. Developed systems. Implemented those systems. Revised them according to demand. Hired exceptional people. Treated them with the respect they deserve. Paid them exceptionally well and never stole a dime from anyone. Never intentionally took advantage of anyone. To be honest: I'm not doing anything noteworthy. I just dared to dream big and had the right people around me to get us there. While I am the face of the company ( God knows I wish I were better looking), it is really my staff that deserves most of the credit.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
FCC said:
Greg...seriously...come on

You wrote your own software and can't figure out how to put bogus reviews in seconds?

God, I wish I had personally written it. I designed the systems that I wanted and had a programmer create it.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Gordon said:
was anything posted not found on public internet?

I have to say some of those glowing over done positive ones would be rather suspect just as mr coal makes out the bad ones are. come on nothing like a sub showing up at your house with a portable " were is the bathtub mam"

Amazing "Gordon" I did a search for Gentry carpet cleaning and you didn't have any negative comments. You didn't have any positive either. You didn't come up. I think you are just jealous because you don't exist except in this forum.

It is obvious from your comments about Portys that you have a "truckmount" but it is obvious from the web it is still sitting in the driveway...

Rick

CanYouHemiNow

Hey Greg, congrats on those numbers!

It does look like Gordon cherry-picked those negative reviews from Kudzu but when I went there to see the actual ratio of positive to negative reviews the site said there were 76 reviews but would not display any. Are you in some kind of dispute with Kudzu over those reviews?

Also, I wouldn't mind being as successful as you someday so I have a question about your business model. The coupon prices on your website do seem really low but it is stated clearly:

* Heavily Soiled or Spotted Carpet may require additional cleaning. * Berber carpets will only be dry-cleaned. *All living rooms/dining room combinations & rooms exceeding 14' x 15' will count as 2 rooms. * A flight of stairs is equivalent to one room. * Scented deodorizers available at an additional charge * Truck Mount is available upon request when placing appointment. A $3 fuel charge will be added to all invoices.

Would you say that this is the reason for most of the negative reviews, people not reading carefully enough?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
CanYouHemiNow said:
Hey Greg, congrats on those numbers!

Would you say that this is the reason for most of the negative reviews, people not reading carefully enough?

Answer: A couple of competitors with nothing better to do. (and Mikey finally admitted to being one of them! lol) If you read them from bottom to top, you can see where agendas are being pushed.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If even one of those were a real post, It would be something to be concerned about. One that actually spoke out, how many that just accept it and never call back?

What was your marketing to book that many in a day?
If I booked that many, I'm booked for the year.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Ron Werner said:
If even one of those were a real post, It would be something to be concerned about. One that actually spoke out, how many that just accept it and never call back?

What was your marketing to book that many in a day?
If I booked that many, I'm booked for the year.

Alot! - you really don't expect me to answer that one do you?

Back
Top Bottom