Boss Optima/Boss Ultra

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Anyone do work for this company? I got a phone call today from them wanting me to do a job for in them in my neighborhood. They are a Arizona company who subcontracts most of their work out. There are a couple bad reviews about them on yelp, just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with them. Good or bad.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
They are basically a marketing company that wan'ts 60% of the work they send you. The job in the area is a ploy to get you to call them so they can give you their song and dance on why you should work for them.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've actually negotiated a deal where I get the 60 percent. Doing a job tomorrow for them maybe. This customer wanted a demonstration first cause that't what's on their website. I said sure, pay me first an i'll go do the demonstration. They quickly called the customer back and said they couldn't do it in his case. I'll see how it goes but I can't see how this will work as a permanent arrangment. If they have the odd job up here and I can fit it in great but otherwise it looks like a hassle. They do char a lot more than I do, so 60 percent is close to my reg. Price

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I've actually negotiated a deal where I get the 60 percent. Doing a job tomorrow for them maybe. This customer wanted a demonstration first cause that't what's on their website. I said sure, pay me first an i'll go do the demonstration. They quickly called the customer back and said they couldn't do it in his case. I'll see how it goes but I can't see how this will work as a permanent arrangment. If they have the odd job up here and I can fit it in great but otherwise it looks like a hassle. They do char a lot more than I do, so 60 percent is close to my reg. Price

But will you get paid?---- They in USA and You in Canada... Hope the custy pays you directly-- cause he who holds the cash has the power.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I took a chance and did the job on Friday, now I will see if I get paid. I don't really have the time to do a lot of subcontracting for anyone but if an occasional job pops up like that, I don't mind. The job was at a marina (boat cushions) so I brought a portable table and drop sheets and the noise of my tm brought other people around to see what I was doing. I passed out some business cards and one guy took a pic of me and my van. Hopefully it will at least generate some future work.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Chances are he is just gonna report you to the city council for disturbing his boating day.

Yachtsmen can be that way. IM me for creative ideas if he does, hahaha!

I mean MU-wahahahahahaha....

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Tom Hodges
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm trying to spread this message far and wide.

I've done 2 jobs as a Boss Optima subcontractor. The first was a carpet cleaning on 8-2-18 and the second was a dryer vent cleaning on 8-14-18. I was told payments are issued within 3 business days. It is now 9-5-18 and I haven't seen a dime, despite doing exemplary work and being promised TWICE that my payment was on the way.

They are now dodging my calls and emails, and have lied to me repeatedly.

Long story short - not only do they overcharge their customers - they don't pay out to their contractors. Complete and utter lack of ethics.

Aside from which, the dryer vent cleaning method that Mike Ochoa (their owner) personally described to me was an absolute joke. I went and learned how to do it professionally on my own before performing the job. I will not be responsible for damaging clients' appliances or creating a fire hazard.

Lastly, I don't even use a truck mount unit. I told the rep I talked to that I used a portable extractor and he said some officious bullshit that amounted to "Whatever, it's fine." The training they sent me was mixed bag of stuff I knew, a couple "Oh yeah, I should always do that's" and suggestions for showmanship to make the customer think they got better service than they really did. If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to email it to you.

Under no circumstances should anyone ever perform work on their behalf. Scammers through and through.

Ronnie "Mike" Ochoa deserves the worst that life can offer.

Name
Tom Hodges
Just an update: After raising a significant amount of hell, I've just had a phone conversation with the owner, Mike Ochoa (or a man claiming to be him, but I'm inclined to believe it was him). He clearly and calmly explained that they have been having issues with their Philippines call center and the software they use to communicate between them and the main headquarters in Arizona. Which certainly would explain some things.

He also told me that he's made sure that my payment is mailed today (I've been told that before by his employees, but he sounded very sincere). I'll post another update next week. If I've been paid by then and the money is in my account, I'll be replacing this message as well as my others around the internet. I hope for a positive resolution.

I also sincerely hope that they sort our their communication issues quickly for their own sake, as Mr. Ochoa did sound very sincere.

Also, if this was Mike Ochoa that I just had on the phone, it was a different Mike who give me instructions for vent cleaning. I want to be careful that I'm not slandering anyone. Regardless, those instructions amounted to "just swirl your cleaning wand around in there for about 5 minutes" ...

Back
Top Bottom