Bought my commuter car today...

Becker

Name
Becker
I commute between 2 cities right now weekly..

300 miles each way

One city, I'm the all time hands on man.

Other city is building super slow with tech running a used van and a TM I rebuilt.
Mostly doing comm and rental properties with a few res jobs.. Working on building the res part.. But snow and cold makes it slow.

Anyways.

Have been driving in in my 07 F150 4x4
Round trip in gas is running me about $130

So I've been looking for a commuter to put all the miles on, preserve my truck and save on gas.

Bought a 2001 Kia Spectra with only 57k miles on it.
30mpgs
New battery, New Tires, Clean condition, owned by a freind of a friends older mom.
$2000.00

Round trip costs will be cut in 1/2.

Saving me about $250 per month..

And if it blows up after 9 months it will have paid for it's self in gas savings, and miles on my truck.

I know it is a KIA, but ohwell.

TimP

Kia makes decent cars. Hyundai actually is the owner. I wouldn't buy one cause they aren't nice cars but for reliability, point A to B, they do the job.

We actually just traded our odyssey in on an accord to lower payment and save money on fuel. It was hard to downgrade in size and comfort but we will save over 300 a month in gas and monthly payment combined.

Becker

Name
Becker
We are going to sell my GFs Highlander 03... And buy a new 2011 Outback. Much better MPGs and a great car.

Good power, awesome MPGs, resell, great traction awd.

We were looking at the Ford Edge, Nissan murano, and a new highlander... Subaru was a hands down winner.

My KIA will be a throw away car.

And I won't be commuting for ever.

I'll just be happy to just stop putting miles on my F150...

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Good move Becker. A lot of guys wouldn't have the balls to drive something like that. Me, well, IDGAF what I drive. Point A to B is the main thing.

I'd say it's a bit more than a throw away car though. That bastard will probably be around longer than you think.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Once I bought another truck, I realized how much I didn't like driving Jen's Mary Kay G-6 around. :shock:
I can actually see over things now and my back is a little more healthy.

Jen even lets me drive it every once in a while. My keys are in her purse right next to me er hum *cough*....nevermind.
:|

Becker

Name
Becker
What I mean by throw away, is It won't take long to pay for it's self in gas savings.

It is not a bad looking car, IMO.. hatch back, but looks like a sedan.

Once I'm done with it I will recoop my investment if not more.

Pretty much only going to drive it to commute..

Still have my F150 for weekend driving.

It really was a great buy.

Wanted a impreza or legacy. But wanted to go cheap..

Still have radar on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom