Box Trucks Outside

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
You guys that keep your box trucks outside. How do you keep them warm? I have a heated garage but can not find anything that will fit inside my garage. Is it a pain in the ass keeping them outside?

Golden Boy

RUGMAN1969

Both of our trucks are heavily insulated between the outer shell and the interior plywood sheeting and the ceiling too.

We use a 220-volt electric heater on a dedicated circuit all by themselves then as a backup to this we also place the standard 110-volt heaters too, as the odds of both circuits failing are greatly eliminated. In addition to this we also use remote thermometers to keep an eye on everything. The electric 220- volt electric heaters we use can be found here… http://www.cadetco.com/show_cat.php?catid=6

Hope this is helpfull

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i have heard if you have any insulation at all, you can just use a light bulb and it will keep the air from freezing and in turn your machine from freezing. I havent tried it but will next week after insulating my truck.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
WHAT!!!!!!!!! a light bulb???? i doubt it....

100_2008.jpg

100_2006.jpg

100_2009.jpg

the process of insulating

did the ceiling....this summer going to somehow finish up the front part (no framing to put insulation panels in)

then put the ole space heater in

the truck is usually nice and toasty...nothing frozen yet..though i do sometimes worry about stuff on the floor...

scotty747

the pic in floor guys van has his blower teed off to the tank. is this the same as going to a 2.5 or 3 inch off the blower? i hava a #4.would it help me any with a 20h onan?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
The main reason i do that is because the tank ports are only 2"...so why would i want to choke off my vac with in 2'???

so i take the full 2.5" Y it into 2 2"...then off the tank i have 2 2" into a 2.5 Y...and run 2.5 the 1st 50-100'

Is your systm getting choked right away???

then yes it will help

hogjowl

Idiot™
A 100 watt light bulb does work in a normal sized van when the temperatures are in the mid to upper 20's. It wouldn't work in a large box truck. Even if it is insulated. What WILL work in an insulated box truck, even down into the teens is a brood light. You can get them at any farm supply store. They warm up chicken coops. They put off tremendous heat and are safer than a space heater.

Al

We use propane or Kero heaters in the box truck, it's 11 degrees outside and 66 in my truck. I have the option of parking in a heated garage at a Quick Lube place that will let me park inside if we need it.
The only problem with that is i cant access it at night, since we do water damage I like to have it ready to roll.

Is it a PITA? We have to make sure we have enough fuel and a back up heater ready all the time, I keep the remote thermometer near by and check it when ever I wake up during the night, I had to go out in the middle of the night a couple of times this season.

I would rather deal with the heater than take out all my wands and chems and winterize each night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom