Box van steps

Bob Foster

ladderdown.jpg

laddercloseup.jpg

ladderup.jpg

John Watson

Re: Ain't it purdy?

Please spray those skid plates with Grey anti-slip. Even AL star plate is slippery when wet.. They make a very good long lasting anti-skid for AL boats.

They look good bob, Having it hinged on the top is great.

One question for you. With the legs touching the ground, you might have a problem with it getting tweaked due to the resting points won't always be level? They look like you had them built skookem enough not to have the legs go past the lowest step if you add a couple of right angle braces that rest aganst the side of the box from the top step to the bottom. That should give it all the support it needs and fold in with no obstruction so you could use them where ever you park regardless of the terrain.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

Been wonderin' where you got the picture of my cat. He's 30+ pounds and all attitude. He rules my 100 pound dog.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

That step will makes it's money back again and again...if not just from saving energy..but of course less chance of accidents.
Top end.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage

It looks great.

The only thing I would change is NO STEP on the top inside the box (2 steps instead of 3), but rather have the angle top made of flat stock so as not to have to step back down onto the box floor.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Bob Savage said:
It looks great.

The only thing I would change is NO STEP on the top inside the box (2 steps instead of 3), but rather have the angle top made of flat stock so as not to have to step back down onto the box floor.

Naahhhh, I think it works better like he has it...but you never know.
Probably adds stability as well.
I would think it would be more of a tripping hazard to NOT have the top step.
But what the hell do I know.

Bob Foster

The reason the top tread is there is because it goes over and extruded aluminum door sill. But I agree it would have been nice not to have it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom