Boxxer 421.. Water to Hot ?

srugman26

So I just had some service done to the good old Boxxer 421. All engine seals replaced, engine heat exchanger cleaned, rpms adjusted to 3000 (it was running around 2400) and had the chem pump rebuilt. Now it seems like I have too much hot water. I know it sounds crazy, but I could barely touch the solution QC on the mount Also the Parker hose was real hot. Maybe I just forgot how hot she gets. Does seem to be by passing ok. Any thoughts ? The machine has 1600 hrs on it. Service was performed by Jon Don

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I think you are fine. I can't touch the qc's on mine - even at the wand end.

Cleaning the heat exchangers probably gave you a huge boost. I believe the 421 can have back pressure that fouls the hx system.

TimP

I've had burns on my arm from metal on fittings on the wand end that have lasted a week. As long as your not spraying nothing but steam intermittently at the wand meaning you're having extreme temp spikes I wouldn't worry. Also I believe the 421 has a temp setting, if you want it cooler you can get cooler temps.....but why wouldn't you want all the heat you can get as long as it's under 210 at the floor?

srugman26

The only problem is that even with the diverter off and temp guage set to its lowest setting I'm still getting very hot water. I checked the by-pass orifice and the screens were clean and I got a good flow from the orifice. The unit is by-passing ok. Could it be a bad check valve or something worse. I've been to Jon-Don 6 times this month for different crap. I'm getting tired of it

TimP

Sometimes and in this situation it may be best to go with the mentality of if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's obviously working and producing heat why worry about it if it's not broke to the point where it's not functioning to suit your needs. Like I said before if you aren't having crazy temp spikes I wouldn't worry.

T

The Magician

Did you descale before you had the work done? Call the techs @ HM

srugman26

No descale before work was done. What would that have done ?. Like I said the by pass orifice was clean. What else would a descale have done ?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
If it is getting hot with the temp turned down and the diverter turned off, there is a problem. I would be concerned about overheating.

Lefty724

Name
E
I am having a similar problem with my Spitfire 4.0, the damn thing is getting super hot (for a spitfire) and I like it! I know there is something wrong, but I will let it go as long as I can!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
srugman26 said:
The only problem is that even with the diverter off and temp guage set to its lowest setting I'm still getting very hot water. I checked the by-pass orifice and the screens were clean and I got a good flow from the orifice. The unit is by-passing ok. Could it be a bad check valve or something worse. I've been to Jon-Don 6 times this month for different crap. I'm getting tired of it

Are you sure with the diverter turned off that its working properly? By that I mean is the vacumm that operates the diverter have a enough suction to move the pistion enough to divert completly? I had the same problem with mine, I had to replace some vac line and the plunger mechanism. What does the temp gauge read? You've got to be carefull with that, If it's not diverting properly and you set the wand down for a minute that thing could overheat.

T

The Magician

My Maxx was ovheating and shutting down. Diverter off and temp guage turned down. Screens and orffices clean. Decaled and its running fine. You need to call a HM tech. 800-426-9572

woodsey

You have been to Jon Don 6 times this month????? I hope it was not all on the machine. If you are getting high heat on a low setting then something is wrong for sure.

srugman26

Yup 6 times this month

1. Engine tune up, said I needed all engine seal replaced
2. Drop off van for engine seals
3. Back to pick-up van
4. Chemical feed not working, had to rebuild chem pump system
One of the new parts wasn't going in right. Don't stock it. Had to overnight the part from Chicago.
5. Back to put in the bad part. Took 5 minutes.
6. Will be back this week for this new problem.

This is a 100 mile round trip from my house. All this while trying to have a decent $12,000 month.

ps..they also cleaned the heat exchanger on visit 2

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
cleaning the heat exchanger or descaling as it commonly called will boost the heat.
I would suggest you learn to work on your machine. Study the manual carefully so you know how everything works. IT will save you the trip and time.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom