boxxer 427

cleaningfool

Hello all, Its been awhile since Ive been on this board, so if Ive missed anything negative about the boxxer 427 could you pleased enlighten me. thanks mike

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the machine went through quite a few updates so it all depends

I had one, it had a bad blower from the start, HydraMaster replaced it. I traded it in. The guy that bought it had to replace the blower also. This was years ago.

I liked the machine it is seemd to lose to much vacuum with a 200' hose run but I didn't have 2.5" hose back then

cleaningfool

there are two boxxers that come with a business package deal im thinking about purchasing. i herd the company that make the heads for the 27 horse motor wnt out of business. just making sure you can get parts.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Briggs and stratton stopped making that motor for our application from what I hear but you stil can get a lot of parts for it.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I heard of nothing but problems about their engines, mainly to do with the head gaskets blowing.

Name
Dale Compton
Since the problem with this unit seems to mainly be with the engine, if you were to have engine trouble could you just swap it out with a Kohler ?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
427 is on my list of macmhines I would never buy. Keep reading, you will find lots of problems with that machine. The engine is not very common and it does have issues. The other problem i have read about is the coupler on it. The coupler is a special design and lots of people have had issues with it as well.

I just wouldn't buy a machine knowing it had engineering defects like that.

That being said, even though i am not a fan of prochem as a company i do think most of their other machines are good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom