Branson, MO....who has been there?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We are so sick of cold and snow....another foot of the junk on the way tonight....killing business and our attitudes. We have been spoiled since being in Aptos!

Looking at heading out this week to get away for few days. Pups possibly coming with.

Not into the shows right now (even for being a professional musician)

Just want warmth, no snow, drinks, food and some wallkiing and fun!

Suggestions where to stay, eat, drink and bring the pups. This is gonna be a quick trip. Might visit Russ T. (Maybe even Waldo on way down and back and bring gifts :) )

Give me the info please :)

Thanks!

Reactions: Russ T.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Or...MIkey...can I come crash with you :(

Ready to work for room, board and cleaning the chicken coop....and cleaning carpets!

I know a kirbys weakness ;)

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Snow is finally gone. I dont blame ya for heading south. Been a BAD winter really weared on me and the checking account. If I miss ya I'll be up on Leech for the walleye opener my buddy just got done building a house on Leech. Thats why you live up there for the beautiful spring, summer, fall. But as you know The winters are a Mofo!
Waldo

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Snow is finally gone. I dont blame ya for heading south. Been a BAD winter really weared on me and the checking account. If I miss ya I'll be up on Leech for the walleye opener my buddy just got done building a house on Leech. Thats why you live up there for the beautiful spring, summer, fall. But as you know The winters are a Mofo!
Waldo

Let me know when coming up here.

We are getting together....me and both the brothers.

Life will be crazy fun!

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've been to Silver Dollar City in Branson. Nice place to walk, see interesting craftsman, a few rides, and even a good show. It's been a few years since I was there but I'd go again.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Branson is a great place! A real family spot, up until 10-15 years ago it was a dry county so it truly is all about the shows. When we go down we either stay at the raddison on the main drag or in a condo closer to silver dollar city depending on why we are there. If you are not into the Family fun side of it, the "landing"on the east side of 65 is all brand new shops, bars, and restaurants along a boardwalk on the river/creek. Not sure what you enjoy.

Tony

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Sliver dollar city is great family fun. In fact most of Branson is very welcoming for families. The performers come out and sign autographs after the shows.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Used to live in Springfield an played A lot in Branson.

Typical Tourist Trap, Show Town.

Check out Gatlinburg Tn over Branson.

If ya do go to Branson, soxpac dan wooley works at one of the resorts. I have him on FB so.....also Take the drive to springfield. 35 min away w your driving. And eat Cashew Chicken.
It was invented there and is called Springfield style chicken elsewhere.
Grew up there buddy : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Snow is gone...for now. It was almost 70 today so that was great. My wife has been to Branson several times as a kid. She enjoys all the shows and things.

I'll be getting our camper out of storage in the next couple weeks. There are quite a few places to camp nearby but we are still a little early for that. If you come by Ames/Huxley/Des Moines, we can at least to out to get a couple good micro brews. Dublin Bay is a cool little Irish Pub in Ames where Mel and I love to go. There's even more options to the south in Des Moines. It'll be great to see you, if you can stop by. I've got 2 dogs too and I bet they'd get along great! Keep me posted. Mel is out of town with the boys until late in the week so I can be pretty flexible. Business is STILL slow too, just slowly filling up as I go right now. Be a great time for you to stop by!

The Clean Machine

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I may be headed to the Gatlingburg TN area this Friday for an extended weekend. We are getting a groupon or priceline for the hotel near the Smokey Mountains and hiking some trails. I have been keeping me one good eye on flight deals and Knoxville TN out of Ohare airport in Chicago has been listed as a last minute deal for the previous 2 weeks ($161 RT). They usually post the fares on Tuesday for the following weekend. To get the good price you typically you have to fly out on Friday evening then returning on Tuesday. I have never checked the fares from the great white Northland.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/booking/specials/default.aspx

http://www.aa.com/netsaaver/viewNet...mesticGetaways_0ap.xml&locale=en_US&saleId=10

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Gatlinburg Rocks!

We have a few members that are close too!

I'm an hour away driving the mount and it's Spring Break so doubtful I'll be able to make it down.
Keep us posted in case of a change though.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I just booked a week in the Smokies over Labor Day. I stay in Townsend (the quiet side of the Smokies) I would only go to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge under the pain of death. I think they have more pancake houses in Gatlinburg than the rest of TN. The only thing that breaks up the pancake houses are the tshirt shops and bungi jumps.

With one of the most beautiful parks in the country right there I don't understand the attraction of Gatlinburg. Over 10 million people a year visit the Smokies park and yet 95% of them never get 1/4 mile off the road. we have become a drive through nation.

OK I am done ranting.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Awesome Bill : )

Come an Enjoy the Tranquility !

Drink some Moonshine : )

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Awesome Bill : )

Come an Enjoy the Tranquility !

Drink some Moonshine : )

Chris,
On one of my trips to Townsend they had a microbrew night at a local restaurant. Many of the guys who used to be moonshiners brought their microbrew creations. They were quite interesting both the beers and the moonshiners.

Reactions: GCCLee
Back
Top Bottom