Brian let's talk about Angies List

I heard a very convincing radio ad pushing consumers to the site. Basically it said only paying members can review a company and not the owner or family members etc. This has to be the best way for consumers to find reputable service professionals. I think I am going to start mentioning the service to my customers and explain the benefits. One thing that has changed is now any business can list their information on AL, but when the service first started you had to be referred to the site from a paying member. Anyways I think it is a great avenue for true professionals. Forgive me as I am always behind on technical stuff. I was shocked to learn I have been mentioned on the site by my customers without even knowing.

Name
I'm Rick James
A customer set mine up

Owner (Brent Dill) performed the job. Perfect technical knowledge on all aspects of carpet cleaning. He uses the most efficient / professional tools to do the job. He was such an extreme

hardworker - never missed any detail. Very punctual timing. Very honest individual, with high level of professionalism. One very often can see tradesmen trying to fake honesty and/or professionalism. You know that they can't.

Brent was one of those rare individuals who gains your confidence right away. Results was spectacular. Carpet looked (and remained days after) like brand new. It's his own company. So you won't be paying unnecessary overhead of a larger company. Extremely reasonable pricing. The provided value (price/performance ratio) is so high, that you'll be really surprised.

Sedar B

Bellevue, WA

You're on the right track Brent. Sounds like the customer is a great referral source. I still think people care more about the person in their home than they do the actual cleaning.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Re: Brian let's talk about Angie's List

They don't get enough hits to make them worth while.(less than 2 a week for carpet cleanng here) Mainly due to having to be a member. Too much of a hassle for most folks when they can easily do a search for free by using Google.

People want easy.Free also helps.

Better to go where the numbers are and dominate Google.

Get enough client reviews and you'll add much more credibilaty than Angies list and be seen by tons of more prospects.

Give every client information on how to post a review about your company on Google.

Dave Yoakum said:
They don't get enough hits to make them worth while.(less than 2 a week for carpet cleanng here) Mainly due to having to be a member. Too much of a hassle for most folks when they can easily do a search for free by using Google.

People want easy.Free also helps.

Better to go where the numbers are and dominate Google.

Get enough client reviews and you'll add much more credibilaty than Angies list and be seen by tons of more prospects.

Dave that is about to change. If I could buy stock in the company I would, but the company is private. That is one major flaw I see in Google search. It is still like the yp's and AL is completely different. They have a great message and I know for a fact consumers are really going to flock to the site. Remember it is all about your message. Collin Herd from Sports Nation did a great radio ad. If I was a consumer needing a service professional and recently heard that ad, I would check out AL.

Yes Dave people will soon realize all your reviews could have come from your sister, mother, yourself etc. Sooner or later people will stop placing so much emphasis on reviews. They have no way to verify that they are valid reviews.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Look at the numbers.

In my area- 2 carpet cleaning searches per week for Angie's list versus hundreds per week for Google. (Al will never get even close to Googles numbers)

I know where I would rather be.

Or be on both. I talked to Angie's list this week and a preferred placement was less than $50 a month.

I just know that Google reviews will give your company to the top of the list. Angie's reviews will also help your Google placement.

Marketing isn't just doing one thing. Many things can work in conjunction with each other.

Your clients can leave reviews at both places or even Judy's book or brown book and add to your visibility and placement.

I have a link for all 3 places on my website for my clients.

BTW-I don't have any fake reviews if that is what you are insinuating.

I do know that after a prospect reads my reviews they don't call another company or question my prices. Not a bad thing!!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
The way I understand it was only paying members can comment about a company

I have not been told buy AL about listing my company and they are pushing me all the time. The bigger the market, the more money they want

Portland metro area was over $200 per month while the Vancouver area (less members) for $60 per month. Then they want it for a whole year. I keep telling them I will do it on a trial basis for a couple of months to see how it goes but they keep turning me down. They say the rotate who comes to the top when people search for a company.

a lot of people sign on as a trial member then drop it

I have had a couple of ratings but the expire after a certain amount of time

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I get jobs every week from Angieslist. It pays to keep the A+ rating by having great customer service.
The $35.00 I pay per month to keep me at the top of the list is well worth it.

It's not the greatest advertising in the world but it's part of my melting pot.
The best thing about Angieslist is it tends to bring intelligent clients who know what value services means to their home. (Value Services...could be a good name for a company)

I pull the reviews I get and put them on my website as well...that helps.

I've never advertised in their "Honor Roll" news letter pamphlet thing but I've thought about it.
I'm not big on print ads but I would probably use that one if I was going to use any one.
I think it's closed to $100.00 for a mid sized ad.

You have to have a great rating...or so they say...to get listed in the "HR" so that would be an added advantage.

Your best customers are Savvy and they know what to look for...Angieslist is good for that.

John Buxton

I'm running an ad in the honor roll section in August. I got the honor roll because I've had several great reviews lately. Angie bought a company that was here before her and I was their #1 referral. I thought and still think it can be manipulated. I don't pay anything, and non-members can still leave a review but they dont count towards honor roll or super service awards.

The ad goes out in August to 43,000 people, I'll let ya know how it goes. The cost was $399.00

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What size ad did you get?

They've been asking me about it. For that price I would think a pretty large ad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom