Brian R, got a call from one of your competitors today

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
He was selling leads generated from the Internet. He seemed like a nice enough guy and we had a friendly chat, but he started in with that opening that goes something like, "are you in a position where you can accept more business and more new customers?" You know, the one where they try the frame the question in such a way only an idiot would say no based entirely on their own presumption you should believe they can do what they haven't yet explained they can do.

He went on and on about how he's stirring up all of these great leads, they're having sooooooo much success some of his customers saying "please stop sending me leads for a while, I've got too many" and he's hurting because he doesn't have anyone in Laurel to send all this work to.

Hmmmm......

Okay, so at $20 or $30 a pop, what is a "qualified" lead.

"Well, anyone who searches 'carpet cleaning estimate Laurel' should," in his opinion, "be a qualified lead."

Anyone?

As we kicked around the idea that maybe google doesn't necessarily filter out all but the most serious of buyers I told him part of my reluctance to use a service like his is that even though they all claim to specialize in carpet cleaning they can't tell me what my ideal customer looks like.

As experts, I thought they, of all people, should know who my best customer is and asked what he thought.

He agreed and tried to change the subject......

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cool. Sounds like he was a salesman who doesn't know anything about our industry.

Remember, I don't charge per lead. I just have a subscription of $40.00 per month no matter how many potential customers are sent to your website.

Another thing that makes Network Carpet Cleaning different is when you pick your zip codes, no other carpet cleaner can be listed in your area.

No other company is doing that...at least none that I have found.

Customer types in zip code....one and only one cleaner is displayed.

Now I'M selling ...oops....lmao.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, the company that called Wayne does sound like Service Magic.

My problem with Service Magic was....

I get my emails on my phone instantly....even before my desk top gets them (Blackberry).

I would be calling the potential Custy within seconds.

If they picked up...sometimes I would get...."I already scheduled with the other company that called" :shock:

I have spoken with other cleaners who got the same thing so I know it wasn't just me.
They were sending leads to companies at different times for the same lead...and making money from it...stealing if you ask me.

I even went as far as asking the customer the situation and they confirmed it was a SM lead that they went with over a half hour before.

Canceled.
I think they are just sitting, waiting for a lawsuit....IMO !gotcha!

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
It's a local company. I'm curious to hear the rest of his pitch. I told him I was putting him on the spot and while I didn't agree with his answer -- your ideal client is someone who calls you back and refers you to their friends -- he didn't try to BS his way out of it, he didn't get ignorant. I'm not sure he knew what to say. He came across as a decent fellow with a dramatic intro who wasn't prepared for a pointed question.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hard to say what company works and what doesn't until you try them out. You can say a ton of things and even have a great program...but you never know until you know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom