Bridgepoint Spotting Kit & Wagner Steamer

JMill

Name
Jeremiah Miller
I am sitting in a Spotting class at Interlink. They are pushing the Bridgepoint Spotting Kit and Wagner Power Steamer. Anyone have experience with these? They are offering 20 percent off after the class so I would like to take advantage of that if it's worth the money in the first place.
I am a newbie so I don't want to just throw money at stuff I don't really need. I have some spring stiff but it's just a Mixed bag. It is appealing to have a "system" but do I really need it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

JMill

Name
Jeremiah Miller
DAM phone keeps changing "spotting" to "spring"

The last half of the class we were able to use the spotting kit and steamer. Both seem very convenient, expecially for a newbie. I will try to update this post after I have had a chance to put it to a couple of real tests.
Bridgepoint has a spotting app that calls for the chems in the kit. Hopefully it will take a lot of the guess work out of the equation while I am coming up to speed.

The steamer will help avoid any accidental carpet burns. I have only done one red stain with an iron but the demo with the steamer seemed to work much faster.

Reactions: J Scott W

Buck1955

Name
John
I use a Jiffy steamer which is a clothes steamer I found used. Works forever and is great to use on your clothes when not on the truck.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I use a iron if there is just one or two......if there is more then that then I will break out the steamer so I can move it around and do other things while it sits and does its job....Just don't stray to far from it.........

JMill

Name
Jeremiah Miller
I use a iron if there is just one or two......if there is more then that then I will break out the steamer so I can move it around and do other things while it sits and does its job....Just don't stray to far from it.........

Do you find the iron to be faster for most red spots and the steamer is faster since you don't have to baby sit it as much? Does the steamer take a considerable longer time to heat up?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Do you find the iron to be faster for most red spots and the steamer is faster since you don't have to baby sit it as much? Does the steamer take a considerable longer time to heat up?

Its only faster when there is a lot of them...because you can set it down and not worry about it as much..When you use a iron..it is not smart to walk away from it..they can dry out the towel and burn really fast...the steamer does not dry anything out so it is a bit more forgiving...you just don't want to leave it on there longer then it is needed....

the steamer will take some time to heat up...normally what I do is after my inspection....if I know I am going to need it...I will get it set up and going while I am mixing chemicals and setting up....by then it is ready to go and I can get it started on the spots while I am finishing getting other things ready...

you will get use to it...after a while you will know when you need to go and check on it...I recommend getting some old carpet and pouring some kool aid on them and setting it up and take a few practice swings with it..........

JMill

Name
Jeremiah Miller
Thanks Jim! I love getting pointers on how I can work more efficiently. Efficiency had never been my strong suit.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Not a bad idea to have two or three steamers on the truck. You can have a room full of spots out in no time at all. A steamer is much different to use than an iron. With a steamer dry carpet works best and no towel is needed.Also for two part chems. IT's best to keep a sprayer in each bottle. Then you always have fresh product. (Once mixed the chems start going bad )

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I am sitting in a Spotting class at Interlink. They are pushing the Bridgepoint Spotting Kit and Wagner Power Steamer. Anyone have experience with these? They are offering 20 percent off after the class so I would like to take advantage of that if it's worth the money in the first place.
I am a newbie so I don't want to just throw money at stuff I don't really need. I have some spring stiff but it's just a Mixed bag. It is appealing to have a "system" but do I really need it.

After some time you will get the hang of things, as far as spotting goes. I know at first I felt like I needed to be able to remove EVERY spot/stain. Truth is - not everything is going to come out every time.

Generally, an oxidizer, reducer and a solvent is all you need for most stuff. The kit/bag is good to start with.

Buck1955

Name
John
Also, dont use an iron on olefin, only a steamer. I used to use steamers a lot to get out roll crush lines, dont see many of them anymore. Listen man, dont worry about being efficient, worry about being good and winning over your customer.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Also, dont use an iron on olefin, only a steamer. I used to use steamers a lot to get out roll crush lines, dont see many of them anymore. Listen man, dont worry about being efficient, worry about being good and winning over your customer.

Being good is not good enough.....strive to be the best.....this is not about cleaning carpets...its about running a business....and a good business runs efficiently...
your going to learn how to clean carpets...your going to learn how to remove red spots...dog piss and everything else you come across...
being efficient...striving to take what you learn and be the best at it....is how you make money....knowing how to run a business and how to keep your clients.....is how you survive......

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I tell everyone getting into or looking to get into this racket, the cleaning is the easy part. Anyone can clean, not everyone can run a business. I'm lucky I have an amazing group of people surrounding me or I might be right beside greenie on a bench somewhere talking to myself...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom