!!Bridgepoint's Chem Jug recycling program!!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I know its different region by region, but I wanted to get a feel for how everybody disposes of their empty chemical bottles. Almost every single one is made from recycled plastic.

Are you disposing of it fearing of chemical cross contaminants or does your local area even allow chemical bottle recycling?

Do any distributers/ manufactures offer their clients recycling?

I can't remember if this has even been discusses but I'm getting ready to recycle a whole bunch of them as our local program allows us to group them in with the rest of the recycle as long as they are washed out well. And I was curious what others did?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Re: Recycling Chemical bottles... what to do?

Your local Bridgepoint or Interlink Supply will pay you for those empty bottles and then recycle them.

You'll get from 25 cents to $1 for each Bridgepoint branded empty bottle to recyle. We'll double that for competing brands. This is a credit toward chemical purchases. Save up your empties, bring them in and exchange them for discounted or free product.

Reactions: Mike J

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

Wow! Great program Scott!

And we've been just throwing them in the recycling bin.

John Watson

Scotty, does you send a truck???

I gots a load or two, pluss alot aint MT

dgargan

That is a great program. Too bad BP is 3 hours away.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

Scott, tell your superiors, they got the right idea! Its great to see that kinda of motivation! :)

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington

I should have been more specif. This program is optional for each distributor. The 12 Interlink Supply stores that are corporate owned are all on board with this prgram.

It has been described to other distributors. They are free to adopt it if they choose. Stores that do the recycling will usually have a sign in the store describing the program.

Stores that I know are currently on the recycling program include Salt Lake City, Nashville, Greensboro, Denver, Colorado Springs, Tempe Az, Ontario CA, Phoenix, Tucson, Omaha, Kansas City, Seattle, Tampa Bay.

Name
Lee Stockwell

Can the jugs be crushed? I usually crush them and put the cap back on to keep them flat.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

sweendogg said:
And I was curious what others did?

smash them and toss them in the trash can.

There is no recycling in the boondocks I call home.
...with the exception of the farmers that "recycle" the live stock feed back to their fields.
(after that feed has been "processed" thru the live stock...)

side note; That's a dandy marketing program, Scot

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

ohhhh shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now thats cool....

can it be wax and stripper bottles as well??

rinse :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

who the hell rinses, it gets tossed in the bin, with the milk jugs, water bottles, soda cans etc...

it all gets burned out anyway...

damn ifn i get $1-$2 per bottle for my wax and stripper bottles, i might buy a little more BP stuff

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Triple rinse and flatten, I store empties in a plastic tote, when it gets full I drop them all off at a local recycling bin.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
more suppliers should do programs like this as well i am pretty sure the marketing will boost sales just at the thought of both recycling and getting paid to do so.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington

Lee Stockwell said:
Can the jugs be crushed? I usually crush them and put the cap back on to keep them flat.

Absolutely OK to crush and flaten the bottles. They are going to recyling where they will get crushed anyway.

As to accepting jugs from wax, stripper, milk bottles etc. I don't know the answer. You can ask the store manager. The idea is to get cleaners into the store while at the same time doing something good for the environment, so maybe they will take other containers. I don't know.

I do hope that other Interlink locations jump into this program. I suggest you ask your local distributor to get involved if they are not already.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Scott, the question I have is-

If I bring in 10 prochem jugs and 15 masterblend jugs, I get store credit for chemical purchases right? But only Bridgepoint chems could be bought with that credit- correct?? If yes this may not work for those that don't like to buy BP products....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:

If I bring in 10 prochem jugs and 15 masterblend jugs, I get store credit for chemical purchases right? .

I'm not Scot, Zee, but this is what he wrote

"You'll get from 25 cents to $1 for each Bridgepoint branded empty bottle...."

..L.T.A.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
meAt said:
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:

If I bring in 10 prochem jugs and 15 masterblend jugs, I get store credit for chemical purchases right? .

I'm not Scot, Zee, but this is what he wrote

"You'll get from 25 cents to $1 for each Bridgepoint branded empty bottle...."

..L.T.A.

I know Larry.... I'm not THAT slow....

He also said "we'll double that for competing brands.."

So Larry if you read my post again what i was saying- if someone brings in any empty chem jugs, then that person will have store credit to purchase chemicals. My question was- any manufacturer or only bridgepoint chems could be bought with said credit?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
I know Larry.... I'm not THAT slow....

He also said "we'll double that for competing brands.."

So Larry if you read my post again what i was saying- if someone brings in any empty chem jugs, then that person will have store credit to purchase chemicals. My question was- any manufacturer or only bridgepoint chems could be bought with said credit?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

..L.T.A.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Sorry if I was unclear. You can bring in any brand of carpet cleaning product bottle. The credit is toward the pruchase of Bridgepoint brnaded products.

You will get double credit for bringing in empty bottles of other brnads.

A

amazingcleansc

scottw said:
Your local Bridgepoint or Interlink Supply will pay you for those empty bottles and then recycle them.

You'll get from 25 cents to $1 for each Bridgepoint branded empty bottle to recyle. We'll double that for competing brands. This is a credit toward chemical purchases. Save up your empties, bring them in and exchange them for discounted or free product.

thats not as good as mailing the empty jug to encapboard.com for a free jug of releasit. then they (in disguise) take it to a Bridgepoint dealer.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's an awesome program, very responsible of Interlink too! 8)

Joe Bristor

I've heard of CA suppliers who sell you a larger sized container like a pail then they refill it for you later or give you a bag full. This, to save discarding the pail. No discount or savings to the cleaner but it is eco-smart. The supplier is the beneficiary in that they're dipping out of an larger drum. You might save a little but I think the benefit is it gets you away from smaller containers and lets you keep using what you already know & trust, a carrot disquised as an environmental merit badge it's not.
Procyon, Cti's Extreme Clean, Kleenrite are the ones I've heard being sold this way. I do it here for my people plus I give em the drum price, but that's just me.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Makes sense saves the environment. Saves the guys selling cleaning agents at inflated prices cash from buying more Chinese bottles. Are we at least using made in America containers ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom