Broken Bentley Wand

CarpetKING

Hey guys, I haven't posted here in quite some time but I have a problem maybe someone can answer. I have a Bentley 14xl swivel wand that broke into while on a job Friday. Love the wand but have had alot of problems with it - mainly the manifold/where the jets connect. That part broke long ago and I somewhat fixed it. But now obviously bigger problems as the carbon fiber shift literally broke into while cleaning. Has anyone else had similar problems and more importantly is anyone familiar with Mytee's warranty?

Thanks!

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Broke into - I broke into the liquor store and stole some beer.

Broke in two - It broke, and now there are two pieces instead of one.

Just sayin - and sorry about your wand dude - hope those M folks take care of it.

CarpetKING

Haha, yep it's technically now two bentley wands ;) Haven't been here in ages - but Mikey I do remember you sarcastic tone/sense of humor! It's much like mine ;) but yes please contact the authorities. Broke in two - better? Lol

Reactions: dgardner

FredC

Village Idiot
Contact them....not sure what their policy is if the wand is 3.5 years old.........

I do know others have had the same issue (foster for one) and got a replacement

please report back so others know

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Check with whom you bought it from. 3.5 years a down the road a bit but if it wasn't abused I would think you should expect a longer life that that. If nothing else maybe they will prorate it towards a new one.

CarpetKING

I've had it about 4 years. If it were a $200 wand I wouldn't expect much life out of it but considering I paid $800-$900 with shipping etc I expected it to last indefinitely. I've heard they stand behind their products and have improved the quality of the Bentley. We shall see...

Name
I'm Rick James
I have a bentley wand like that.. did the carbon fiber break? If so.. its done. I have had terrible issues with the swivel part..

CarpetKING

Yes the carbon fiber broke. Wand is in two pieces. Yes, I have pics, will be glad to post if someone will explain how to. Caduceus, did yours break, if so what did Mytee do about it? The threads on the swivel section of my wand stripped long ago, until the wand broke the biggest problem were the jets/manifold. Jets wouldn't stay in place etc. Loved the lightness and swiveling aspect of the wand but mine obviously didn't hold up well. Mytee?

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Did you buy it direct or through a distributor? You'll probably get much faster service if you contact whom ever you purchased it through. There is no guarantee that the manufacturer even views this board.

I'd call the distributor first.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
1 year warranty. 3.5 years sorry your SOL unless Nathan and John want to be generous but no one I know offers that long a warranty on a wand.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Has ANYONE had a titanium wand fail in 4 or 5 years?

Don't want to be the one with the bad news and what not, but we have to remember those prochem titanium wands that the heads bobble loosely at the bottom and then eventually fall off. I will say I think prochem took care of everybody that had one of those and might still warranty one of those if someone has a faulty wand.

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
I have a 14" Bentley non swivel. They have a new manifold for these wands and its much better.

As for the Carbon Fiber break, don't know what to say. If you post some photos, maybe someone here can come up with a fix.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Super Glue or Two Part Epoxy Adhesive.

Clean with Rubbin Alchohol before applying glue.

If its jus cracked. Slightly Dremel the crack and apply Glue. Use a old credit card to smooth the glue.

Treat it dang near the same way you would a cracked or broken Corvette : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Reactions: SamIam

CarpetKING

Exactly - would a Prochem Titanium break in 4/5 years? No, it most definitely wouldn't. That's my point on the whole thing. If you pay north of $800 for a wand with shipping/tax etc you expect it 5 last indefinitely! I'm going to call Mytee right now. I purchased it from Cobb's...Notice it says the Bentley has a "limited lifetime warranty" Whatever that means...I'm really hoping Mytee takes cares of this. As already mentioned, would Prochem Titanium break in 4/5 years??

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I agree 100% with you that a prochem Titanium wont break in 4-5 years BUT you didn't buy a prochem titanium you bought a Mytee. Not trying to pour salt in your wound but Larry should have been up front with you and told you that you are not buying a Prochem TI wand and not to expect it work like one or last like one.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey CarpetKING,

Hope you can come by and post more.

Also hope things can be worked out with the Bently.

If you do have to invest in a wand in the future, we really do love our Prochem Titanium's. I have had a lot of wands (do have 2 Bentlys in steel tube that we only use to get under beds), but the Prochem Titanium's have been the best investments we have made. They are even better with a little pimping out (glide, check valves, soft touch valve) but boy, does it make our day even better cleaning with them.

Best wishes and hope we can hear from you in other posts too.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Lee Stockwell
Don't want to be the one with the bad news and what not, but we have to remember those prochem titanium wands that the heads bobble loosely at the bottom and then eventually fall off. I will say I think prochem took care of everybody that had one of those and might still warranty one of those if someone has a faulty wand.

Exactly. Prochem sets the gold standard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom