Brush Pro Gear Replacement

sassyotto

Name
Paul
My first machine was a Brush Pro 20 which I felt was too cumbersome for residential so I bought an identical smaller model. Last Saturday on a commercial job, something sounded funny and then only one brush was turning on the Brush Pro 20. Took the gear case off and found the small plastic gear was stripped. Thought that possibly the smaller model would have the same gears so we could switch them out and continue working - ran home and brought the machine to the job and guess what?! They ARE the same. So its an easy switch right? Yah right, try to take them off.

OK, so now I know to have a couple sets of gears in stock if this happens again but question is - HOW DO YOU GET THEM OFF????

regarossa

Name
Reg Rogers
Yeah this sounds like more disinformation from the Strong Dry folks. I would bet this is Chris Matzenberger from B&C/Strong. He is doing it all over the boards posing as fictional people. Even on our facebook page. So far he is authored fake posts as Steve Brown from Austin, Harry Miller, Chris Jackson and now Paul from Wisconsin.

randy

Name
Randy
My first machine was a Brush Pro 20 which I felt was too cumbersome for residential so I bought an identical smaller model. Last Saturday on a commercial job, something sounded funny and then only one brush was turning on the Brush Pro 20. Took the gear case off and found the small plastic gear was stripped. Thought that possibly the smaller model would have the same gears so we could switch them out and continue working - ran home and brought the machine to the job and guess what?! They ARE the same. So its an easy switch right? Yah right, try to take them off.

OK, so now I know to have a couple sets of gears in stock if this happens again but question is - HOW DO YOU GET THEM OFF????
If you are real, email me with a phone number and I will call you and walk you through it. It's a 10 minute job max.

If your phone number is in South America , I will know we have another reason not to trust Chris. Is he trying to be the next Geurkink or something. One crash n burn a month is enough for this industry.

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Fred, where is this guys ip from?

FCC (Fact Checker Cordel) can find out, but there was an "Otto" guy from Wi that was around, just didn't post much .
he was a friend and mentor of Erick Heard's (or whatever Erick's last name was)

speaking of Erick, wonder how he's doing?
He was a good dude .
if this is the "Otto" that knows Erick, welcome back, you're a good dude too.
Tell Erick I said hey and hope he's still off the ciggys and kept all the weight he lost off

..L.T.A.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
yes, Im real

If it was a legit request than I apologize for assuming the worse.

Awful suspect though..

Yes, I am the MROTTO that posted on the board awhile ago but changed my e-mail address so could not get the password which I forgot. and YES this is a real thread I'm glad its going to be a small job because I'm not that familiar with these machines (now if it was a HOST machine, I know those like the back of my hand)

I have not heard from Erick Herdt for awhile. I tried calling him a few months ago but he was not home. I will try again and keep you posted. Me Mentor Erick LOL, hes the one that got me on the Brush Pro in the first place ( I used the HOST machines )

Not familiar with the STRONG stuff tho.

Now I AM familiar with Joe Bristor LOL

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Paul is legit...I checked when he first posted but didn't foresee you guys calling him out........

I've been out of it though and didn't feel like posting...guess it wasn't caulk gun guacamole.........must have been some super swine monkey bird flu

now to answer 174 emails and 56 PMs................uugghhh...and I dread charging up my phone

Last edited:

sassyotto

Name
Paul
that's all well and good but still don't have an answer to my question. even emailed Randy with my phone number but he never called. ;-(

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
All you need is snap ring pliers. Take off the snap ring that are at the end of the gears. The gears should come with 2 flat head screwdrivers placed under the gear and push toward you. When replacing the gears, make sure that you put some clear grease on the gear threads.

Reactions: Derek

regarossa

Name
Reg Rogers
that's all well and good but still don't have an answer to my question. even emailed Randy with my phone number but he never called. ;-(

Hi Paul- Reg here...give my partner Patrick a call at 864.576.9887 and he will walk you through it. Go ahead and get the serial number from the machine and send pics if you have any to office@carpetcleaner-usa.com.

Cheers!

Reg Rogers

Reactions: CCA
Back
Top Bottom