Brute problems/damage

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I've had my tech 'drop' my 21" Brute out of the van and it landed on the drive plate.... bent shaft, coz it vibrates like crazy now :cry:

Jerm, Clark or anyone else, what's the best fix for this?

Can I just get a new drive shaft? Maybe add a new drive plate? (costs Clark?)

Also, he didn't flush the spraying lines after each day or three like I used to, so the pump no longer sprays, it appears to have a lot of built up gunk in it? Sure, I can flush individual lines, but what else can be done at this stage to the pump to get it working again properly. I run Releasit through it, I never had a problem when I was using it day in, day out myself on my van, but September last year, I stepped down off the tools and I've had techs running both vans.

Any help appreciated.

John

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I may be mistaken but I think you can replace the shaft as long as you can get the counter balance off of it. Are you sure you didn't just crack the brush cup?

As for the pump, I'd try running new lines in and out of the pump & cleaning the pre-filter as long as the pump still starts when you trigger it. If it doesn't humm when you trigger it check your connections...

Assuming you get flow I'd run white vinager through it and let it sit in the system for 15 min before rinsing it out with good hot water and 3-4 oz of ammonia to a tank. Take your jets out or they'll clog too... Once that's all said & done run another gallon of hot water through it, clean and reinstall your jets.

Other than that I'd remind your tech that the equipment pays his salary... Accidents happen but neglect is another thing all together. It's not the juice, it's neglect. Anyway, I'd make a note to supervise PMs once a month if not more frequently. Just my $0.02...

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Clean/change the lines and jets, flush the pump, solution tank & plumbing and figure out what is bent/cracked and replace that... You should be good.

Also, see if the struts (from the rear wheels to the height adjustment) are bent (see if the handles are level). If you're going to be ordering parts from the states to NZ you'll want as much in that box as you can have crammed into it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom