Bubbles in my brand new chem meter?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Hi guys. I was having very irregular chem flow so I replaced the meter and hoses. The Cleanco does not have a separate chem pump or diaphragm (pretty sweet if you ask me). The new one is now drawing chemical and holding flow but there are bubbles at the top. I'm wondering if I'm making a big deal about nothing?

What am I missing?

Thanks!

The Clean Machine

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Slight air leak somewhere.

Thanks Lee. That HAS to be it, given the simple design of the Chem system. One hose from the high pressure pump to the flow meter, and the other from the meter to my jug of rinse.

There is a tiny quick connect that I also replaced that plugs into the pressure pump. There was a little play in the old one so I thought that was it. Maybe I'll do away with the quick connect? There are several on the Cleanco that allow you to take the front face off to do repairs/maintenance.

I can tell a big difference when I don't use a rinse, so I almost always do. Feels like I'm limping without the chem flow working properly.

Grrrrr. Just frustrated right now.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Sometimes you.can crack the brass threaded piece on the back when you overtighten your lines

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Glen....does your pic line run thru a bulkhead or a panel....if so look for a pinhole from rubbing over a time

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm going to blow through the chemical feed hose tomorrow with an air compressor. The thing is getting on my nerves. Been so busy lately that I don't feel like messing with it at night.

...saving money on rinse though. [emoji6]

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
put yor thumb on one end and SUCK.....on the other......
easiest way.......
of course you should take it outta the solution before you do this........

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
You guys don't like the idea of hooking up the air compressor?

Sometimes living in central Iowa is tough when mechanical issues come up. There's a hole in central Iowa, waiting to be filled by a good distributer/service company. I'd look into it if only I was slightly crazier.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
chem draw line are usually of a more delicate design that wont handle the high pressure''''..
check yor foot valve first to be sure its not clogged up then work backwards checking each piece of line as you go....blowing doesnt work as well as sucking to find a leak

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The problem was the Teflon tape I was using...yeah, I feel dumb. Used pipe dope instead and the problem seems to be solved. Back to running on all cylinders!

This is really the only thing I've had to fix on the Cleanco in over a year. Super reliable but it was really tight getting the new meter installed.

These minor things are easy enough for me to deal with and are the reason I went with a PTO as my main $ maker.

I still wish Des Moines had a truck mount service.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The problem was the Teflon tape I was using...yeah, I feel dumb. Used pipe dope instead and the problem seems to be solved. Back to running on all cylinders!

Good job, Russ. I bet you saved three/four bills by doing it yourself! It's good to be familiar with ones machine. I got a quote from the big boys about changing the blower and cat pump oil... $380! Lol... The machine is over 1k hours and they recommended a 1k hours tune up/check up. Wanted a grand!

Could have been worse! I had to replace dwyer, all the low pressure lines(like four) and all the brass fittings they connect with... Uggggg, never found the leak. But it works!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

This is really the only thing I've had to fix on the Cleanco in over a year. Super reliable but it was really tight getting the new meter installed.

These minor things are easy enough for me to deal with and are the reason I went with a PTO as my main $ maker.

I still wish Des Moines had a truck mount service.

ya gotta wrap the tape clockwise ya know....or it will "bunch" up and leak everytime

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It was a pain for a few days but I guess I learned a little bit about Teflon tape!

It shouldn't have been a tough fix but it's pretty cramped behind the panel on the Cleanco. The thing has been very solid over the last year. I didn't know a lot about the company before I bought it last Summer. At this point, I'd strongly consider the Cleanco for my next rig.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
There's probably no other component of a TM that has given me SUCH frustration over the years as the chem flow...truly aggravating.

Back
Top Bottom