Bubblicious

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Since I can't perform a search on "Gum", besides high heat, what's your top secret weapon for gum?

Not your everyday, "still some flavor left in it" soft stuff, but the old, hard black stuff that you know has been sitting there a couple of years?
Citrus gel and citrus solvent won't soften them unless I agitate the shit out of them.
Seems on some jobs there is more time spend on hard gum than actual cleaning.

When you have to break out the heavy guns for old gum, what do you reach for?

Becker

Name
Becker
Old gum,
Gum getter type of tool with a little hydramaster OJ after heating it up with the wand.

New gum sometimes just wand it till it goes soft.. :shock:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Becker said:
Old gum,
Gum getter type of tool I've been eying the mini that attaches to a drill with a little hydramaster OJ after heating it up with the wand. Makes sense heating it up first, I never thunk of that

New gum sometimes just wand it till it goes soft.. :shock: Oh my!!!!! :oops:

RickL

I clean the carpet in a few fitness centers and they were loaded with gum, it was like they just chew and spit it out! Got to the point I hated it. I don't have the high heat option but have noticed when cleaning with a buddy whose machine cleans at 240 and above a big difference when it comes to sucking up gum, vs a prochem legend at 210 that does little to it.
The best way I found (by accident)was carry a pocket knife scrape off the black hard portion and then put some Trounce
( Volatile Dry Solvent) on it and either scrape with a gum getter or shark and wipe with a towel. I have tried all the Ctrus products and was working on each gum piece forever. This is the quickest and easiest method I have found.
I'm assuming any VDS will work but don't know that as I had a bottle that was given to me to try.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I cleaned a pizza restaurant lately that the former cleaner didn't address the gum. A hundred spots of it. I have some black and decker steamers that I put on the gum then used citris. The stuff breaks down easy with heat. I have 5 steamers so it went fast. Hindsite I shold of used powergel from cti. But with the heat the citris from cobbs worked well

Back
Top Bottom