Bucket Evacuation Test

Name
George Valliant
Fill a 5 gallon bucket with water and time how long it takes a truckmount to suck it up.

No need for fancy equipment to test airflow and lift of a truckmont. It would be simple to implement out in the field and it would keep manufacturers honest.

The truckmount that can evacuate a bucket of water the fastest wins.

No IFs ANDs or BUTs!!!!!!

Right?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Actually that won't be an accurate test because if you submerge the head you eliminated airflow. It would be much more helpful for evaluating lift (important for flood work and water damage), but not for CFM (important for normal cleaning).

Take care,
Lisa

Name
George Valliant
Okay,

What if we introduced some airflow into the equation?

Put a slide vent just above the water line.

you know, one of them slide vents common on most upholstery tools?

Then, crack the slide vent open 1 inch.

Would that be a good test we could use out in the field?

Thanks!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
It would be better, for sure, but still your proportion of water to air would be off for anything but flood work. it may be good ENOUGH to have comparative value though, with the addition of the vent.

Both machines would need to be set to relieve at the same point, which may prove difficult as well.

Take care,
Lisa

Name
George Valliant
Re: Bucket Evacuation for a simple test that anyone can do to td

Guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the corralation between airflow and lift.

I'm looking for a simple real world test of vacuum performance that anyone can do.

I want to test different TM vacuum performance to see which one I like best.

But, how in the heck am I supposed to do my own independant vacuum performance tests?

I'm wondering if I should just hang my hat on LIFT alone and not worry about CFM.

Is there a simple test a hack like me could do that would simulate REAL WORLD carpet cleaning conditions?

Not at all concerned flood restoration.

Back
Top Bottom