Buffing out Color sealer on tiles

ICleanGrout

Name
Dave
So we have some color that dried before we had the chance to wipe off the tile edges. Gonna use the 175 but, I wonder if I should use black, green or white pad? The red pad tends to leave a reddish residue in the grout joint so, I will not be using that. The color sealer is just off the store shelf from Home Depot( Grout Renew from custom building products). What works best for you in that situation? the tile are semi gloss finish porcelain tile, but the sealer seems to be a bit difficult to just scrape off. Thanks!

Mikey P

Administrator
So we have some color that dried before we had the chance to wipe off the tile edges. Gonna use the 175 but, I wonder if I should use black, green or white pad? The red pad tends to leave a reddish residue in the grout joint so, I will not be using that. The color sealer is just off the store shelf from Home Depot( Grout Renew from custom building products). What works best for you in that situation? the tile are semi gloss finish porcelain tile, but the sealer seems to be a bit difficult to just scrape off. Thanks!
If it's dried on the tile hopefully your grout lines are nice and deep. But yeah try a brown or maybe a black pad but I would be afraid that you're going to remove it off the grout line too.

I would just try with a neutral cleaner first before moving on to anything more drastic that may affect the grout line.

If it's a textured porcelain with a wood grain or anything that keeps you from moving a razor blade over it, that's very unfortunate cuz that would be the safe way to go about it

Reactions: ICleanGrout

ICleanGrout

Name
Dave
Thanks all. Here's my tip and what I ended up doing. Using a 175 , White polish pad with either rubbing Alcohol lightly spot sprayed on the center of the tile and let the 175 spread it out or if I needed to, applied nail polish remover to a rag and wipe the lippage edges. Works great! Again, this is with HD grout renew product line. YMMV . Your welcome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom