Build the Thing

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Here's the scoop. I'm building my own machine- from scratch- as so many manufacturers won't or can't build it to LAST.
Hints to manufacturers-
1- Pumptec sucks. They're friggin aluminum. Hypro or General both make excellent pumps, but they're not as cheap. I'm on my third in 3 years.
2- Don't run the "heated" con. It won't work very well with any kind of flow and 1500 to 2000 watts is a joke.
3- Put 12/3 cab tire on for cords.
4- Put a drain valve on the fresh tank. Make it an option, include it standard, but just do it.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Terry built one for me that he we designed together. My son uses it as a TM with a generator and lil Giant heater ( which you could mount on a 4 wheel dolly for inside work ) on board or as a Porty where needed. It's built like a tank, 10" wheels and enough suction for 150 ft of 2" vac hose.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I've already bought the pump and vac motors and I have a friend that's a metal fabricator and will build me a marine grade aluminum waste tank. I also looked at the Steambrite Enterprise and chuckled about a 20 gallon stock pot, but that would just look too hokey. Auto fill, chem meter, auto dump.4 two stage vacs that can be operated either 2 or all 4 at once. 2 inch ported. I'm musing on using a plastic fresh tank to lighten it up a bit. With a properly placed inline vac booster, I don't see why I couldn't do 100 foot plus runs.3 cords scare most people, but I sometimes run on 5, so that doesn't bother me. It hasn't been cheap getting this all brought together, but it will be built like a tank and should give me many, many years of service.

Mr.V

still sounds like a heavy beast.............................but very cool

F

FB7777

can't you just pimp the re-soil?

or did you finally come to the realization that when you're finished removing all the inferior parts, all you have left is a Cross American sticker? :shock:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Willy why not convert that resoil into a hot dog stand?

rick imby

Name
Rick
Are you going to have a generator on there to take some of the load when you end up in a trailer that doesn't have 200 amp service? Are you going to do it in a Box van, regular van or in a trailer?

How about the Mytee 7001 flood pumper with apo as a booster and dump to the customers toilet and only use your onboard tanks when you cannot use customers dump. Or you could hose it out to your truckmount.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
rick imby said:
Are you going to have a generator on there to take some of the load when you end up in a trailer that doesn't have 200 amp service? Are you going to do it in a Box van, regular van or in a trailer?

How about the Mytee 7001 flood pumper with apo as a booster and dump to the customers toilet and only use your onboard tanks when you cannot use customers dump. Or you could hose it out to your truckmount.

I don't do trailers :wink:

It will be capable of running on two 15 amp or circuits on 2 vac motors, three 15 amp for the four vacs. One for pump and pump out, one for 2 two stage vacs, under 30 amps.
Here's where the ideas came from for the machine workings from my old fire burned Ninja. General pump, 4 two stage vacs. It rocked! And ran on 2 15 amp circuits, 3 with the booster
Motor cavity:

NINJA4-1.jpg

Twin 2 stage booster vacs

NINJA3.jpg

The way they hooked up:

boosterBox05-1.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It's nothing to do with Ed. It's nothing to do with Mytee. Kleenrite. Truckforce. Olympus. Any other manufacturer out there. It has to do with me building exactly what I want with the best components available. Since as long as I've looked, none of them build with the parts I want in the configuration I want. I'm still keeping the Recoil and putting it in another van if my helper keeps shining and the work keeps piling up. It's been a good machine and it's made me quite a few bucks.

It's pretty simple as I'm just putting some years of experience and experiments into a simple, sensible and powerful design. By the time I'm using it, it will have cost me enough to buy two off the rack machines, but I like a tailored fit. :wink:

Name
John LaBarbera
Willy P said:
Here's the scoop. I'm building my own machine- from scratch- as so many manufacturers won't or can't build it to LAST.
Hints to manufacturers-
1- Pumptec sucks. They're friggin aluminum. Hypro or General both make excellent pumps, but they're not as cheap. I'm on my third in 3 years.
2- Don't run the "heated" con. It won't work very well with any kind of flow and 1500 to 2000 watts is a joke.
4- Put a drain valve on the fresh tank. Make it an option, include it standard, but just do it.

Hi Willy,

1) you don't like Pumptec. Got it.
2) you don't like electric heat. Got it.
3) I don't understand this one. Are you saying dual 12/3 power cables?
4) you want a drain in the solution tank. This I understand. Some guys will use the vac hose to vacuum the solution tank dry. Will this not work?

You also don't say what cfm and H2O, number of and size of vacuums, psi and flow of the pump. What size vac and solution tank are you looking for? What weight do you expect. Mytee is in business to build machines that people want, but we have to thoroughly understand what and why they want a particular set up. A lot goes into a machine so I have to plan carefully. As far as the pump goes, I know you don't like pumptec. What type of chemicals are you passing through it? All pumps have their advantages and disadvantage. Thanks for your input in advance.

John

Brett

I filled up my new Mytee 1003 with 12 gallons of solution and started using it. Noticed water coming out of the bottom of the unit. Didn't want to continue running it since I didn't know what the water was dripping onto in the housing, so I shut it off and bailed out about 11 gallons. Pain, dump valve or large drain valve would have been nice. Turned out the inline filter was leaking. Second time I could of used a drain valve, I took it back to have the circuit locator light fixed. They installed new bulb and said it was now fixed. Filled it up again and fired it up. Solution worked and vacs running but no suction. Had to shut the unit down and bail 12 gallons to open clam. Shop had forgot to connect vac hoses. Siphon hoses work, but kind of nuisance compared to a dump valve. I have a water bed pump that works, but still a pain to hook up just to drain the tank when you might not be able or want to use your vac hose to drain it. I always wonder how much of a load your putting on your vac motors when you suck solid water.

Name
John LaBarbera
Brett said:
I filled up my new Mytee 1003 with 12 gallons of solution and started using it. Noticed water coming out of the bottom of the unit. Didn't want to continue running it since I didn't know what the water was dripping onto in the housing, so I shut it off and bailed out about 11 gallons. Pain, dump valve or large drain valve would have been nice. Turned out the inline filter was leaking. Second time I could of used a drain valve, I took it back to have the circuit locator light fixed. They installed new bulb and said it was now fixed. Filled it up again and fired it up. Solution worked and vacs running but no suction. Had to shut the unit down and bail 12 gallons to open clam. Shop had forgot to connect vac hoses. Siphon hoses work, but kind of nuisance compared to a dump valve. I have a water bed pump that works, but still a pain to hook up just to drain the tank when you might not be able or want to use your vac hose to drain it. I always wonder how much of a load your putting on your vac motors when you suck solid water.

Thanks Brett,

I can see a drain for the solution tank makes sense. It seems like it could be an easy add on.

John

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Willy P":34692qnm]Here's the scoop. I'm building my own machine- from scratch- as so many manufacturers won't or can't build it to LAST.
Hints to manufacturers-

Hi Willy,

4) you want a drain in the solution tank. This I understand. Some guys will use the vac hose to vacuum the solution tank dry. Will this not work?

You also don't say what cfm and H2O, number of and size of vacuums, psi and flow of the pump. What size vac and solution tank are you looking for? What weight do you expect. Mytee is in business to build machines that people want, but we have to thoroughly understand what and why they want a particular set up. A lot goes into a machine so I have to plan carefully. As far as the pump goes, I know you don't like pumptec. What type of chemicals are you passing through it? All pumps have their advantages and disadvantage. Thanks for your input in advance.

John[/quote:34692qnm]

The reasons John
1- Pumptec pumps don't last. My new 2.2 gallon, 800 psi General will. My last General went 5 years with no grief. Aluminum won't and doesn't last.
2- I love electric heat. But not internally. Internal heaters overheat the engine cavity, leading to premature failure of pumps and motors and at 2000 or less watts are underpowered. If you lose the prime, it's a bear to get the air out of a unit with an internal.I have 2 dual corded electric heaters.
3 - After the years I've been using electric machinery, cab tire has held up the longest vs. the vinyl covered cords.
4- I see that has been covered. It just makes sense both from a time and wear point of view.

4 two stage 5.7 vacs in 2 sets of series to a parallel delivers well over 200 inches of lift, I'm not sure on the cfm, but my guess would be around 150 - 200.
Tank size? 15 gallon minimum.
It's time for innovation John, not the same old same old. :wink:

But wait until you what see my collaboration with an engineer buddy came up with for heating the water. That's still under wraps.....

Name
John LaBarbera
Willy P said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":3dx5x4vu][quote="Willy P":3dx5x4vu]Here's the scoop. I'm building my own machine- from scratch- as so many manufacturers won't or can't build it to LAST.
Hints to manufacturers-

Hi Willy,

John[/quote:3dx5x4vu]

The reasons John
1- Pumptec pumps don't last. My new 2.2 gallon, 800 psi General will. My last General went 5 years with no grief. Aluminum won't and doesn't last.
2- I love electric heat. But not internally. Internal heaters overheat the engine cavity, leading to premature failure of pumps and motors and at 2000 or less watts are underpowered. If you lose the prime, it's a bear to get the air out of a unit with an internal.I have 2 dual corded electric heaters.
3 - After the years I've been using electric machinery, cab tire has held up the longest vs. the vinyl covered cords.
4- I see that has been covered. It just makes sense both from a time and wear point of view.

4 two stage 5.7 vacs in 2 sets of series to a parallel delivers well over 200 inches of lift, I'm not sure on the cfm, but my guess would be around 150 - 200.
Tank size? 15 gallon minimum.
It's time for innovation John, not the same old same old. :wink:

But wait until you what see my collaboration with an engineer buddy came up with for heating the water. That's still under wraps.....[/quote:3dx5x4vu]

Thanks for the explanation, Willy. The expression "cab tire" I'm not familiar with. Is that like a heavy jacket, floor machine power cord? No autofill/pump-out? I had that vac configuration at the Connection show last year. Are you going this year?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Might be a Canadian thing, but "cab tire" is 12/3 with a heavy rubber jacket. Absolutely auto fill and dump.

The after pump heat technology is a work in progress, but I have some very bright people working with me on this. :D

Name
John LaBarbera
Willy P said:
Might be a Canadian thing, but "cab tire" is 12/3 with a heavy rubber jacket. Absolutely auto fill and dump.

The after pump heat technology is a work in progress, but I have some very bright people working with me on this. :D

Thanks again Willy,

FYI our heater has always been after the pump. General does make the Emperor pump that can run dry and take heat but is very expensive for a portable. BTW what do you picture a unit as you describe retail for?

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
If you are going to have auto pump out, why not make the tank smaller, like 5 gals? i know that would limit you on jobs where you dont have a place to dump conveniently but it would make the machine much smaller.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Willy P":1d635o23]Might be a Canadian thing, but "cab tire" is 12/3 with a heavy rubber jacket. Absolutely auto fill and dump.

Thanks again Willy,

FYI our heater has always been after the pump. General does make the Emperor pump that can run dry and take heat but is very expensive for a portable. BTW what do you picture a unit as you describe retail for?[/quote:1d635o23]

While I don't get wholesale pricing on the parts, that's a tough call. my cost by the time the dust settles should be in the $5000 range. Not inexpensive, but I'll get a seriously powered porty.

I've given the smaller tank some thought, but there's too many cons to the pros.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom