Bulldog Odor has me Stumped

Farenheit251

My best acct gave me ahouse 2 months ago and one this week that I couldn't fix. Both had previous residents with Bulldogs. For years I have said dog odor is easy but urine can be a problem. These both smell like an old vacuum bag. Cleaned the first one 3 times between treatments and the 2nd twice and carpets look great.

Things I have tried;
microban before cleaning
oxidizer in prespray
odorcide
Dynacide
Liquid Enzymes after clean and dry
Last resort added to prespray
Deodorizer w/ ordinone
cleaned tile/grout at 2nd house but didn't help. In desperation I put a Vaportek in the ac duct as people are moving in tomorrow and will have a dog. I have some quat a lot on the way but if Microban didn't work I don't know if it will.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
In regards to the carpet cleaning,is the carpet an olefin fiber?(over-active sebaceous glands secrete oil) A few things I've tried is to use whamm( by Vacaway) after HWE,just padded with it... sort of top it off. But since switching to Bi-O-Kleen a few years ago,I've yet to encounter a dog-body odor that could not be removed.Bac-out alone should work but there product line really is synergistic: fiberglow-tlp,as a combo works wonders. Call or email me if you have any questions regarding their line.

BTW, do you know if the walls and ceiling have been cleaned and sealed? Are these homes rented with furniture(something that the previous tenants used?)You also mentioned that the odor resembles old vacuum bag... by chance is someone going into these homes to vacuum up before it is shown?

Patrick

Able 1

Name
Keith
Are you sure they never had ferrets? Still trying to battle one of those jobs.. Damn things spray like a skunk and it doesen't show with the black light, or so I'm told.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Multi-Phase deo by Hydromaster

Personally, I don't like the smell of it, but have had very good success with it on dog odor

I'm ASSuming you did pre-vac as much dog dander out as possible first, right?

..L.T.A.

Farenheit251

It is a tan nylon and I vacuumed each before the first cleaning. Not a super thorough vacuuming but a good standard vaccing at normal speed. I also ozoned the first one 72 hours total with a Totalzone 2(3mg). Both are 7 rooms and with property values way down I've been told we got to start saving carpets we used to replace.
No ferrets to me they require replacement in all but the most mild situations. What frustrates me is it is the kind of odor that should be in the fiber not backing or pad. Since I should be able to get to the source I should be able to eliminate it.
I might try some Multiphase . Between product cost and trips I'm losing my shirt on these jobs even at $4-500 each. I was at the least hoping to save the day and come away with some good testing and an education on what worked. Then in the future I could solve the problem first try and make some good money. Unfortunately I am still where I started with the odor.

G

Distroys all odors;

Sani-512 1 ounce per gal mix in pump sprayer apply generously (10 min dwell); then Orange Solv 1 ounce per gal in a pump up sprayer(let dwell 5 min use in trigger or pump up sprayer only bad for seals in pump). Had a apartment 4 days ago in projects for commercial account same prob; apartment sat over weeked after cleaning; Manager was so happy because they tried to be cheap and not get carpet cleaned; but in the end it was all good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom